Which replacement livewell pump?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Glover

Reaction score
My livewell pump for my 1997 PT 18 needs replacement, but I'm not where the boat is right now. My mechanic is waiting for me to tell him which Rule pump is right. I want the new cartridge C model 500 gph, but see in BPS website that pump comes with an angled or straight pipe to the inlet.

Anyone have a PT 18 that could advise me which one to send to him?

Jack

I replaced mine with the straight cartridge type but, mine's a 185.

Tee: Thanks for the reply. I have a hunch the configuration is the same. My next question is, what's the purpose of that pump with the angled inlet pipe to begin with? My pump, I know, rests right on the bottom of the bilge and I THINK, but am not certain, the black hose is clamped to the outlet side on a 90 degree angle.

Does that describe yours?

Next question, if you have the patience, what holds that pump to the boat? Are there screws into that side wall or to the floor or to the transom?

I wouldn't be in such a state about this, but I wanted this thing done before I go up to the cabin next week and use the boat and I certainly want enough time for the curing process of the silicone the guy uses. He'll most like use the 5200 stuff that needs 48 hour or more to cure.

Appreciate your help. I send guys to your boat photo in your garage all the time and they can't believe their eyes. You must have the patience of Job.

Jack

It's been awhile but, I believe mine is mounted different than yours .

I think mine is mounted on a bracket right above the bilge pump.

I don't understand what he'd be using the sealant on?

Should be inline ?

Tee: Different location...mine is clear across the bilge area on the starboard side. And my buddy says his areator pump he just changed was held in place simply by the threaded inlet pipe with that plastic/nylon (?) nut on the outside.

I could twist that outside nut on my pump, and that to me means it should be sealed when installed. My buddy said his old one wouldn't move, had to get a mechanic to help him get it off. That's why I told my mechanic to silicone the threads and behind that outside nut when he installs...after all, that is constantly under water pressure.

I'm good now, I think. The mechanic happened to be going down to the BPS last night and I told him to pick the pump that will fit and work. So now it's up to him and he's very good on boats.

Thanks again for all the help.

Jack

Latest posts

Back