where your gas comes from?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward Lea.

Reaction score
I wonder how many of Us knows where the gas they are buying comes from. I'm not talking about the country either. I am taking about the fact that most people think that the gas at different stations around their town comes from different companies. In actuality most of the gas in the community you live in will actually come from the same storage tank( based on grade of course). Look at the lower part of most gas pumps and you will something like " the gas dispensed from this pump may or may not be fom this company". I saw this one day and asked my brother who is a regional director for sinclair oil about it. In most regions of the US the main refinery in that area supplies most of the gas in that region. For example Sinclair oil has a refinery in a region. They refine gas and send it out to storage depots by pipelines. Tanker trucks from all the different companies line up and fill up from their tanks. They then roll down the road with their companies emblem on the tanks and everyone thinks that its a Sinclair, or Chevron, or BP gasoline delivery. When the reality is that most all of the stations in town are getting the gas from the same storage tanks. Different regions are served by different refineries. So what is on the sign isn't what's going into your tank.:eek::eek:

True for many things. Gasoline is a commodity, just like oil and natural gas.

Mine comes from the pump or the neighbors car.(After Midnignt).HEE HEE:eek:

Jr. mess with your neighbor and put gas in his tank every night then suddenly stop after about 2 months.:D

Her in Iowa we are getting gas at 1.98 at Caseys today in Atlantic.

Latest posts

Back