Where To Install Humminbird Mega Transducer Placement 2017 Z20

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnchorFishing

Reaction score
New to the forum. I am installing my Humminbird Mega Transducer for Helix 12 Mega SI and wanted to know if anyone had photos of their install.

Have you searched YouTube, there have been a number of times that that site has gotten me out of trouble. 1. How to set up a pack and play, 2. bushing install on 4 wheel drive transfer case, 3. install of thru hull high speed transducer for my nitro, and so-forth.

I use Lowrance but the side scan transducer look very much like the H-bird you are using, and the mounting bracket is almost identical (I checked out the install pdf for the H-bird a minute ago to make sure I wasn't talking crap lol). I researched mounting locations and tips heavily before I started poking holes in the transom of my 700 LX. I ended up using a Stern Saver. Here is a youtube vid of installing tips I ordered factory direct. SUPER easy to install and far less stress than poking holes in the transom and having to deal with 5200 sealant and all that. Follow the instructions and just don't mess with it for a day or two while it cures. I have changed the position of my X-ducer a few times...sure is nice to drill holes in the Stern Saver instead of the boat!!! I'm a believer after 2 years of pretty regular use. That thing is not coming off.

side note....work quick with the 2-part epoxy and keep it off your skin!

Latest posts

Back