Where to buy a port consoles

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C McMahan

Reaction score
Hey there, we just bought a 2010 Z8. My only requirement was a dual console, which this boat does not have. The husband went to our local BPS and was told something about needing to make a console that is molded to the boat...to the tune of $3K. WTF?? I've seen other blogs about the 2010's....earlier 2010's don't have the removable console option like the later 2010's do??? I'm not sure of our boat's manufacture date. Where can I find a port console....removable or not? Google searches are only bringing up boats with dual consoles...not the console as an accessory. Don't mind repainting...it's surely less than $3K. Thanks guys!

When I bought my boat from BPS last year, I could order a second console through them and they get it off Nitro, can't see why your local BPS can't order you one for a late 2010 or even a 2011

I called a family-owned dealer close to home and found the answer. Here's the scoop in case y'all run across someone else in the same predicament: If you order a dual console when you buy your boat new from a dealer the port console is ~$1000. BUT, if you want to buy it after that the good folks at Tracker Marine/Nitro charge you $3200. No other reason than the fact that they simply can. The dealer I talked with will knock off $500 and pay for the shipping; total is $2700. I'm thinking it's the best deal we'll find.

I would still call Tracker Marine customer service. Ask for a manager. They might work with you if you are polite and plea your case and beg for assistance. It couldn't hurt.

I would also wait for Bob B to show up and he can give you the straight scoop on what it should cost. If indeed the local dealers are feeding you a line of bull you can order it from his dealership and have it shipped to you.

I paid $980 installed for my port side console (Triton), a year after the original purchase. I know it's not a Nitro, but it gives you a cost comparison.

All the best,

Glenn

Man! $980 beats $2700. Jim B, who is Bob B? Rusty, I'll call customer service tomorrow and see how far I get. Thanks a bunch guys...appreciate it.

okiegirl01 Bob B is the service manager for the largest Nitro dealer in the country(no its not BPS). He checks these boards often and like i said if anyone can give you the straight scoop on the cost of a console its Bob. The way i see it either they are feeding you a line on the cost or they are not, Bob will be able to give you the straight honest answer.

If you bought the boat "new" BPS should honor the add on price for the console. I had them do it for a spare tire. Parts dept. wanted almost triple for me to order from them. Talked to the Boat Sales Mgr., he got me one for the add on, as if I ordered it with the boat....

Mike

"we just bought a 2010 Z8. My only requirement was a dual console, which this boat does not have." And this is BPS/Tracker problem now? :lol::lol: I'd love to see some of you guys run a business and be as "helpful" as you all expect BPS/Tracker to be .... ;). When we bought our house, I told my wife I had two requirements --- a flat drive and a third garage. Guess what our house has?

Latest posts

Back