Where do I get a livewell plug????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Peterson

Reaction score
I just picked up my new 98 PT185 last weekend. I just noticed that the pipe that plugs the livewell and allows water to fill up to the top of the pipe is missing. Anybody know where I can get one of these. Did I expalin that good enough???

Thanks

In my 1996 pt 175 i use my spare plug for my boat, it fits tight with no leaks. and i always have a spare plug.

mike

Do you mean the piece of PVC pipe ? You can get it at any hardware store,and cut it to legnth. If the water splashes out of the lids,cut a little more off.

You can also put a " T " or a "cross" fitting on top of the pipe, and a short piece of pipe on top of that,so your livewell lid keeps it from getting knocked loose by a fish.

Thanks for the response Mike, I would like to get the original pipe/plug from somewhere, but thats a good idea, so maybe I'll just have to go pick up a couple boat plugs(one for the livewell and another since I don't have a spare right now).

Steve, yes, I am talking about the pvc pipe. I figured there must be some kind of gasket or something on the bottom of the original pvc piping to get it to fit nice and tight I guess I'll take another look tonight and make a run to the hardware store. Thanks for the info guys!

There should be a rubber grommet in the bottom of the livewell that it plugs into.

The pipe is just plain old thin walled PVC.

Steve

Check with Tracker if you want the original. I had some problems making a proper one with my Targa, and finally got one from them, along with some other work.

Tex

Latest posts

Back