Where did the summer go?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
Well gang, I hate to be the first to mention it BUT, it snowed here today :eek:( and I have an appointment to winterize the boat in 2 weeks. I took her out on Friday for what is probably gonna be the last time this year. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was telling all of you about my maiden voyage and asking you advise on how to get her on and off the trailer without being "that guy at the ramp" and trying to stay off "the list". I've had a great summer fishing and ALL of you have been a big part of that one way or another.

I started school again so I haven't been on the board much. Next Semester's schedule doesn't look any easier. I really miss keeping up with what's going on. I'll drop in once in a while and see how things are going and say HI.

On the lighter side of things, I bought a new pair of skis and boots today and I got my season pass to Waterville, Loon Mtn and Cranmore.(ski areas in NH).

Rich - You wouldn't happen to host a ski webpage by any chance?

Talk to you when I can,

Marke

Summer Over???? Now I know why I don't live in the north east..

Check out the weather for ZIP Code 95124

Summer aint over. It's just on the west coast..8o)

John

I live in PA and let me tell ya, the fishing is getting hot right now! I've been catching good numbers of smallmouths over 17 inches on a fairly regular basis. The water temps on the Susquehanna River have dropped 10 degrees in the past 3 days, triggering a fall feeding frenzy! I did really well last night on jerkbaits. I only fished for 1 hour and 45 minutes. In a 20 or 30 minute span, I caught 13 smallies with my biggest at 19 inches and 5 over 17 inches! Get your boat out, dress warm, bring along some hot chocolate and hang on! This is only the start of a month long frenzy here in PA!

Well here in Florida we fish all year:) Actually, the week of October 22 I have a week of camping and fishing in the intercoastal planned near Savannah, Ga with 12 other people. Man the fun we will have. No work or wives. :) Actually my wife is looking forward to the break away from me more than I am. Anyway, I guess I'll have to check into summerizing the boat:)

Marke, I'll gladly host a ski web page if someone will put the time in to be the site editor. Sounds like your time is already spoken for...

:)

That's cold Nominal!!!,,...aahhahaa,...I'm extremely jealous!!!...Sounds like you'll have a blast!! Fill us in on all the nasty details when you get back!!! Seeya,..have fun!!

Mac

Actually Nominal, we have a camping trip in 2 weeks that is no men, no kids, and no dogs. Now, we really have fun and this year we're going to be having filets and crab legs for dinner. Last year we had lobster. Oh, BTW, we do also fish.

Enjoy!

Barb

PS May have to get those strawberries and chocolate from Scott!!

Yes Mac, I plan to take a digital camera and post pics. And Barb, I knew I was opening up a can of worms. I did know you posted here and just couldn't wait for your reply. Sounds like u will have a great time. I hope u do. And yes, I know u fish, truth be told, there is no doubt in my mind that u can out fish me too. I have a lot to learn seeing how i'm new to the sport. Enjoy your trip. Robert

oh Barb, almost forgot. If we want to eat fish on the trip, we will probably have to stop and buy some on the way up there. LOL

Robert,

Have a great time fishing and camping. Looking forward to the pictures. BTW, if you are stopping at the store to buy fish, forget it, go directly to the huge steaks instead. There's nothing like a big T-bone cooking over the fire.

Enjoy!!

Barb

Latest posts

Back