Wheel bearings

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam blatt

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm going on a fishing trip in 2 weeks to table rock lake. I live in Illinois. I'm bringing my boat down. I had my bearings on my trailer replaced 2 years ago. I noticed today that they seem a little greasy on the outside. Their not throwing grease or covered in grease. Just a little greasy to the touch. Should I get this checked out b4 going to Missouri? I'm gonna be driving the wife and kids so I don't need anything bad to happen. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Sam

For peace of mind, it shouldn't cost much to have them repacked. If it was me though, I'd put buddy bearings on it so you can visually see when it needs greasing. If its just a little greasy, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I haven't repacked mine yet and I drive 10 hours each way to Louisiana 4 times a year. I wore out the stock trailer tires in that year because I didn't know (and didn't check) that when I bought it, they had under inflated the tires. So make SURE the air pressures are correct as that's just as important.

Air pressure is the key for keeping your trailer tires at their best. Packing the bearings is a must at the beginning of the season but don't over pack them. Keep a close watch on them and a set of bearing buddy's is a plus IMHO. Have fun and be safe.

Latest posts

Back