What's your Favortie Jig Brand

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cyclone Jigs

Black and Blue or Black and Chartruse

Action Jackson trailer (Actually it's an Uncle Josh CrawFrog)

Strike King Bitsy Bug

Brown and Orange or Black and Blue

Uncle Josh spin frog trailers.

The Uncle Josh Crawfrog is a BIG FISH bait. You put that trailer on any brand jig and watch out. It's got long legs that move alot of water. I don't think it's used alot but, I just love it. I like to use the bitsy bug if I want to catch alot of bass, it's great in farm ponds also!

Travis

5/8 oz Uncle Earnies Jig (home-made)

Black and Blue

Zoom Chunk - Blue

Thanks all, and any more appreciated. One thing I don't throw often is a J&P and I want to get a couple more to start throwing. Strange that I don't throw them becuase I do well with Huls Grubs and Stand Ups wich is porbably the closest thing to a conventional J&P.

I was thinking of some 3/4 ounce? To heavy maybe 1/2.

Thanks Bill in VA(but lived in NJ)

I wanted to let you know we put an offer on a house on Lake Anna, (hot side), is that where you are?

CJL - AKA "your new fishing partner"

:unsure::huh::unsure:

colored water, big fish

BPS

3/8 ounce

texas craw

watermelon candy baby brush hog (chartruese dye on tips)

clear water, smallmouth or spots

eakins jig

olive/orange

BPS craw trailer green pumpkin (chartruese again)

My favorite is the Manns stone jig. I like the green pumpkin and the brown with orange and green. They work well and the thing i like about them the most is the skip great. Its the best skipping jig i have ever used and i like to skip jigs a lot.

Advantage and Baby Advantage jigs....

SoftShell, Oops, Cumberland Craw and Black Blue... 3/16, 5/16, 3/8 and 5/8 depending.

Add an appropriate trailer and it's all over but the fight!

barb_oops2.jpg

Another option is the Bass Stalkers....

Oh... For the appropriate trailers... I've had luck with the following:

Yammie 4" FatBaby Craw

Smallie Beavers

Sweet Beavers

Baby Paca Craws

Twin Tail Grubs...

I've always favored these over the 'chunks'....

Pretty much any of them will work... just have to match the mood.

Not so picky about the brand of jig but I do prefer real pork over plastic.

Harpo

Cold water the trailer is going to be Pork!

I only throw Scorpion or Picasso jigs,Scorpions in heavy cover,rarely hang one up,and Picasso's for open water and ledges.

I make and sell 1/4 oz. and 3/8 oz. bass jigs if anyone is interested. I use Arky style head, powder coat paint, heavy duty flippin hooks, fiber weedguard, and full 60 strand skirts. Will sell and ship for $1.80 each. [email protected]

Terminator!

black and blue (just ask Denny Brauer on the color)

usually 1/2 oz

some kind of zoom trailer to match...

az

I've used Stanley jigs for years now. Primary 3/8 oz and 1/4 oz with a plastic worm rattle inserted in the band. Couldn't go wrong for 99 cents a jig. I use number 11 pork frog exclusively though on occasion I throw on a number 1 pork frog. Black jig with black pork. This combination has won me more tournaments than any other lure in my collection.:)l

I subscribe to the Bassdozer weekly newsletter and the last two have had some very interesting informaiton regarding jigs, jig heads and trailers. Of course he works for Yamamoto so much of the info is centered around Yamamoto products but there is some real good information anyway. I don't know if any of you are interested or not but I would be happy to forward them to any of you if you want. I thought about copying and pasting them here but they're pretty long. Let me know.

Harpo

Pat...

We just started carrying the Oldhams... I agree they're a good looking jig... plan to try them.

Red River Tackle

3/8

Camo

I dont have a favorite Trailer...pork plastic....always using different stuff....

I use SOB spinner baits and jigs when chasing green carp... The Spinner baits and jigs from there are basically "custom", you order they ship... CJL posted their website. Excellent products.

CJL - Where on the hot side? We live in Both Waters, hence the only access to both the hot and cold sides of the lake. Let me know where you are at and we can hook up and I can show you the hot spots! Just don't listen to Toxic since I have shown him all my spots and now he takes clients there! LOL

Bill ( formerly known as the Joisey Boy) in VA

Bill, I was just trying to be Funny about Lake Anna.

Sorry if you thought I was serious. (Although I would really love to move to a state with real lakes)

CJL

Latest posts

Back