What's up with the rods

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Britt

Reaction score
Everybody,

Just got a circular from Bass Pro Shops where they are selling some All-Star Rods for $50 bucks. I have never had an All-Star rod before and don't really know anyone that fishes with them. All my equipment is bass pro shops bionic blade and their extreme rods and I just wandered how the All-Star Rods compare.

Also, I was looking at a cranking stick from their company.... how does it compare with the BPS crankin stick? and is that "feel" anything similar to the Lew's crankin stick?

Any opinions would be helpful

tony

Those may be the IM10x rods, and if so, that's a great price. All-star is just like many other rod companies in that they have different quality and price points.

BPS rods use foreign rod blanks, I believe. I believe that Falcon, All Star, St. Croix, and other big US companies use higher-quality raw goods (blank and cork most notably). However, that higher quality does command a premium price. I do not know of ANY rod out there that has an 85 million modulus blank for $70 on sale (The BPS Pro Qualifier). Again, it's not the same quality, but I have a few and they are nice rods for the price.

I have a few IM10X's. Great rods. If that is what they are they are definitely worth 50 bucks. Josh

Everyone should have at least a couple All-Star rods in their locker there a nice compliment to the collection ! As well as a da^^good rod!! Try it you'll like it .

Tony,

I have two IM10 cranking rods the 944cbx and the 844cb

these are nice rods, I all so have 7 titanums and one more on the way, for $50.00 bucks you can't go wrong, check with Mini he has a lot of im10 for sale at half prise.

Bob

Be careful Tony - the Titaniums have a high addiction rate! I remember my first... Wife keeps threatening to send me to "rehab" (but I think it's only so she can steal my All Stars!)

Latest posts

Back