What would you buy?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
When my BPS catalogs arrive and I have no money I want EVERYTHING. I bug Jill and bug Jill and bug Jill. "Can I get this? I want 2 of those and 3 of these."

Last night she said "FINE!!! You can have $500 if you'll just shut-up and leave me alone."

So here's what I'm thinking:

Power Pedestal $44.99

2 Quantum Catalyst / Extreme Spin combo $129.98 EA

20 x 23 Rubber net w/ extending handle $39.99

XPS Life Vest $69.99

HPR Gortex Pants (to match my parka) $89.95

Grand Total: $504.88 + shipping

Pretty sweet so far right? Well here's my dilemma:

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the Quantum reel is worth the $30 each over the standard BPS Extreme combo ($99.98 EA)like I have now. They did make some nice changes to the Extreme reel since I bought mine 3 yrs ago. I'd get the Pro Qualifier but those are $150 for the combo's and I'm not willing to sacrifice any of the other stuff. My original list was over $700 so I already cut out quite a bit to get down to $500. If I went with the Extreme combo's I'd have left over money for terminal tackle.

What should I do?

Marke

Marke,

I have two of the Catalyst PTi reels (one 30 and one 40). So far I am very happy with them. About the only thing that goes wrong with a spinning reel is the bail. These use magnets instead of springs and are guaranteed for life. The 40 holds a lot of line and I use it for Striper and Hybrid fishing. I would get them.

Jim

Marke -

Just buy ONE Quantum Catalyst / Extreme Spin combo!

You can always go back later and buy a second..... And a third..... And a fourth..... Heck, you can only fish with one at a time any way!

me!

(And Jill just might surprise you by letting you buy the second sooner than you thought IF you keep the total, including shipping, under $500!)

I would only spend 450.00 on myself and buy my wife something nice with the other 50.00!!!

How about a spare tire and a cover for a 929?

(bring it home a couple of pieces at a time, she'll never notice)

THANKS A LOT KEN!!! Jill reads the board too you know!!!

Needless to say she just LOVES your idea....

I tell you what. If I buy everything from Auburn Hills I'll let you throw in $50 worth of Free stuff just for her.

I on the other hand am leaning towards Rich's. I could probably pull it off until the hull and the credit card bill arrived.

Latest posts

Back