What to do with old socks.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
The boat is put away for the winter, now what do you do with the rods and reels? You remove the old line, clean and lub the reels. Now take your old socks and place over the reels and secure with twist ties or rubber bands. Next spring they are ready to go, no dust or dirt, just put on new line. The garbage man will love you.

I could slide my socks over the handle,and the reel would stick out through the hole in the heels.LOL

My wife will still fold them up and put them away no matter how bad they are :)

If I used my old socks on my reels they would only catch Catfish from then on. ;>))

Harpo

All my old socks are "stuck to the wall" where I threw them--"if they stick-- get a new pair"--L O L

Great Idea--I'm "hoping" for some more good fishing days yet this year -- so I have not put anything away yet

Thanks-- HaleDamage

Great info there CQ...sometimes us dumb briars need a little kick to get the brain' workin'...

Thanks,

TEE

I always cut mine up for gun cleaning patches. One of my buddies uses his fruit of the looms, iam not touching those patches.

Anyone know a cheap alternative to "rod socks" like you buy at BPS?? $4 a piece is going to break me up.

Donnie

Latest posts

Back