What Speed Should I Expect?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTW

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Nitro Z18 with a brand new 175 pro-xs. Original motor blew up at 14 hours. New compressor and powerhead from mercury. Previous owner said he had it up to 67 gps running the current 24" Fury 3 blade and not sure if he raised the 8" manual jackplate.

I am 3 hours into break-in and have not trimmed fully out or kept at WOT for long. I have had it up to 60 gps. Thinking of raising jackplate slightly to increase speed without impacting water pressure. I think I should get minimum 65 GPS out of this motor with just me in it.

Wondering if others have had any experience with the boat and engine? Also, not sure if engine governed slightly due to breakin period. I have only got it up to about 5400 RPM which won't produce maximum speed. Expect I would need to trim engine more and start chine walking to hit 65-67 GPS?

2018 Z18 with 150 4-stroke and 22 P prop, as purchased from the dealer. No jackplate.
I can get 60 MPH with two people and full tank of fuel.
Vic

2018 Z18 with 150 4-stroke and 22 P prop, as purchased from the dealer. No jackplate.
I can get 60 MPH with two people and full tank of fuel.
Vic
Thanks Vic. I may try a 23 pitch prop to increase RPMs to see if I can get a bit more speed and will test the jackplate

23 pitch will help hole shot and bring rpm up but may drop speed. Cub48

I have a 2016 Nitro Z18 with a brand new 175 pro-xs. Original motor blew up at 14 hours. New compressor and powerhead from mercury. Previous owner said he had it up to 67 gps running the current 24" Fury 3 blade and not sure if he raised the 8" manual jackplate.

I am 3 hours into break-in and have not trimmed fully out or kept at WOT for long. I have had it up to 60 gps. Thinking of raising jackplate slightly to increase speed without impacting water pressure. I think I should get minimum 65 GPS out of this motor with just me in it.

Wondering if others have had any experience with the boat and engine? Also, not sure if engine governed slightly due to breakin period. I have only got it up to about 5400 RPM which won't produce maximum speed. Expect I would need to trim engine more and start chine walking to hit 65-67 GPS?
Running z7 150 four stroke 6in jack plate tempest 23p at sea level 1/2 tank gas by myself 60 degrees outside 61gps at 5750 rpm. The 175 setup right should hit 65+.

Do you know the pad to prop on your boat. i have same boat just put 6" jack plate on i have ran mine at 3 1/4" and 3 3/4" at 3 1/4" i had some porpoise at 25 MPH after slowing down and trimming. I set at 3 3/4" and it was better but felt like it was holding back. would like to know how others were setup. I just got this boat, I got it up to 62 MPH GPS It was smooth and felt good and i had plenty pedal left. Thanks Cub48

Thanks. Running 31/2 inches below pad. Running 63-65mph. I have some porpoising, but told the shorter nitros have this issue

Latest posts

Back