What removes hard water (calcium spots) from outboards?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Anybody know of anything that works really good??...CLR might work with enough elbow grease....any spray on - wipe off stuff??:huh:

Mac

Mac,

Vinegar and water works pretty good too.

Simple Green is the best stuff I have used. Just becareful near your Stickers mac...

Mac - You sneaking back in the door of the boat owners club again?

I thought you were part of our boat-less-bank-trash gang, Glass vs. Tin ain't in!!! LOL

Trep,...yeah,..I'm off the bank again. Picked up a SWEEEET 1994 Champion 184 with a 150Efi. It's in excellent condition and the price was too good to pass up. It'll be perfect for the inland lakes around me. (I haven't fished many inland lakes in the last 10 yrs...I always go to 'clair for smallies w/the BIG boats) Now I can get back after those greenies and launch on some smaller lakes with small ramps!! I'll keep it for 4-5 years and when I retire, I'll look at buying a NEW boat. There's a lot of inland lakes up north by my inlaws, where a smaller bass boat is perfect....and it'll be easier on truck gas too on those trips.

It has a Lowrance Elite 5 on the bow,..and a Eagle 500 on the bow, that's GPS capable and he even left the MI. hotspot's mapchip in the unit!! LOL It's got a 70lb M/K, cover, and 2yr old batteries...I'll put a GUEST charger in it, even tho it has a Charge Pro in it now......everything works great!! I'm back at the helm again!:wub:

I will Tex,......as soon as it get's nice out so I can pull it out in the driveway and take a few.....it was either raining, sleeting or snowing all weekend up here.....I pulled it home in perfect weather Sat.morning, and it got worse after that, and y'day was nasty all day!! I tinkered around a little in the garage y'day afternoon, but it was chilly,...decided it was better napping weather inside!! LOL!!

You might also try car detailing "clay bar"...it takes the hard water spots off of my car's finish and wheels without much problem.

Mac to rid the lower section of scale build up, I use stuff in the toilet cleaning section at your local store, lime away, clr, there are several different products in most stores, spray it on, a touch of elbow grease and the deposits are gone and the motor looks new again.

Like Jim said, vinegar and water is hard to beat for cleaning alot of things.

Bubby:)

Glad to have you back in the fold and congrats on the boat! :D

Gene

Tox,...yes..I'll bring it over and use it if it's not howling wind!!

Thanks Gene,...it's a nice one!!:rolleyes:

'Rap,....I walleye fish "intentionally" about 3-4 times a year....LOL......I catch'em occasionally while bass fishin' too. Somebody just caught a 13lbr in the northern end of the Detroit river a week ago...it was a PIIIG!!!!! Those big'ol females are running right now!! There will be so many boats on the river this sunday (it's going to hit 73deg),..that it'll look like turn 1 at Daytona at the start of the 500. :blink:

In the Disney Movie "Lady and the Tramp" The Tramp said "there's a little bird dog in everyone" I believe there's a little walleye fisherman in all of us. In my case it's usually little walleyes

fatrap:)

Latest posts

Back