What purchases are you planning for this year?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just curious what "must haves" you are looking at for the upcoming season? I bought a new boat last year. A couple of things are on my "must have" list come spring:

This year...AGM Grp 27 batteries, On Board 2 bank Charger. Maybe a MinnKota Alternator Charger, A Lowrance Hook2 7X to replace the Hook2 5 Split Shot for the bow. Going to stay with the Minnkota Power Drive 42lb that came with the boat for the time being.
Timmer..I would consider dropping a pitch or two on your kicker before investing in a I Troll set up.

New NOCO Genius onboard charger. I have one Lithium 12V battery for my trolling motor and one 12V AGM for starting and running finders. It has charging modes for both battery types. I was using a separate charger for the Lithium. I'm having a hydraulic steering system installed to replace my cable steer system and I'm replacing my trailer's 20-year-old steel wheels with aluminum wheels and replacing my old radials with new. Also replacing my spare tire with a galvanized wheel and new tire. I'm most looking forward to the steering system improvement. Also adding a trailer step at the bow to make it easier to get off the boat after putting it on the trailer.

I am thinking about some gatorbak bunk board covers. And, if they come out with the first update for Humminbird MegaLive I might go for that. I want to let them get the first release bugs out before I put my $$ down.

I wanna add a high amp 3 bank charger and possibly another Garmin 9UHd graph to isolate DI and Panoptix or add a Mega 360 to my hummingbird graph that currently not connected to anything.

Twin 12 foot Talons and a Total Scan 3&1 nosecone for my Ghost motor I saw some videos of the new Lowrance software upgrade for my HDS units and Ghost so I could get the Ghost 360 images...awesome! I won't buy the Talon brackets for my jackplate as they are crazy expensive and present too many ways unbolt them and steal. I'll build some in my shop out of aluminum tubing and graphite. I designed some that allow them to be tilted for trailering, I also came up with a redesign for the trailer step handhold that hinges so that the thing doesn't stick up like a flagpole when it isn't being used. I will install the stereo that I bought, an Infinity blackbox w/SiriusXM that works through the Nmea 2000, 1800 watt amp with Clarion speakers and subwoofer. I will build an insulated and cooled compartment for the stereo and active target computer to install in my starboard rod locker. Since I'll be fishing four days a week from ice-out until it refreezes again I might as well have as much fun as humanly possible.

Twin 12 foot Talons and a Total Scan 3&1 nosecone for my Ghost motor I saw some videos of the new Lowrance software upgrade for my HDS units and Ghost so I could get the Ghost 360 images...awesome! I won't buy the Talon brackets for my jackplate as they are crazy expensive and present too many ways unbolt them and steal. I'll build some in my shop out of aluminum tubing and graphite. I designed some that allow them to be tilted for trailering, I also came up with a redesign for the trailer step handhold that hinges so that the thing doesn't stick up like a flagpole when it isn't being used. I will install the stereo that I bought, an Infinity blackbox w/SiriusXM that works through the Nmea 2000, 1800 watt amp with Clarion speakers and subwoofer. I will build an insulated and cooled compartment for the stereo and active target computer to install in my starboard rod locker. Since I'll be fishing four days a week from ice-out until it refreezes again I might as well have as much fun as humanly possible.
send us some pics

Timmer..I would consider dropping a pitch or two on your kicker before investing in a I Troll set up.

I had thought about doing that, but I haven't been able to come up with a definitive answer as to how much change that will make. I would like to be able to shave a good 1mph+ off. Also I don't know the pitch of the one I have. My boat is deep in the back corner of my shed with my camper up tight and other stuff around it and I can't get back to get a model number or anything. I will have to wait until spring when I swap my winter and summer stuff around to see what I have.

I am a bit of a techy and like my toys, so that is part of it. The hunt mode of the iTroll is of interest. Serpentine turns along the trolling path has long been a tactic of mine, but it's a pain and often takes you off your target depth.

Mercury extended warranty...after hearing water in oil is OK from the factory....makes me worry a lot

Hi everyone, just curious what "must haves" you are looking at for the upcoming season? I bought a new boat last year. A couple of things are on my "must have" list come spring:

I'm almost done. 8' Power Poles. 2nd 12" Garmin for console (2 on bow). Garmin Force 50" trolling motor. Installing this week. (new Ultrex 36v 112lb for sale). 5th lithium battery just for electronics. LED package for trailer. I'm broke.

I believe I will look into getting a new trolling motor. Dont know what it is called, but i want to be able to follow a depth contour at the lake, or even hold position on a windy day (which seems to be the normal around here). Also want a step mount on the trailer, easier to get these old bones into and out of the boat. If I have to swing the leg out over the sides, tapping to find a secure step, Well, lets just say I will probably find my self on a u-tube video..LOL, also If I win the lottery, I want some new electronics. I would wait for Christmas, but to big and old to sit on Santa's lap. Looks like I may be to busy buying and installing to do any fishing ? What-ca-think .

I believe I will look into getting a new trolling motor. Dont know what it is called, but i want to be able to follow a depth contour at the lake, or even hold position on a windy day (which seems to be the normal around here). Also want a step mount on the trailer, easier to get these old bones into and out of the boat. If I have to swing the leg out over the sides, tapping to find a secure step, Well, lets just say I will probably find my self on a u-tube video..LOL, also If I win the lottery, I want some new electronics. I would wait for Christmas, but to big and old to sit on Santa's lap. Looks like I may be to busy buying and installing to do any fishing ? What-ca-think .

You will need a trolling motor, graph, and map chip combo in order to follow the contour. Go buy those lottery tickets!

Update -

I forgot to add a Drotto boat latch to my list when I started this thread. I had one on my previous boat, and put one on my dad's boat as a gift and I absolutely wouldn't be without one if I had a choice. Last spring I had purchased one but had issues with it latching. I returned it and I really missed having it. I'm hoping it was defective as opposed to being a compatibility issue with my new boat. I ordered one again last week and it arrived today - Drotto Boat Latch

My Bullseye Quickloads were ordered last week and are supposed to ship Friday or Monday.

The iTroll website has had issues since last week. They called me and apologized and noted it was supposed to be resolved overnight Tuesday evening. They offered to take my order over the phone but I figured I'd wait. Well, it's still not working and today is Wednesday. I will be patient as I really can't pull my boat out to work on it due to snow and mud. I've got spring fishing on the brain so I'm impatient.

getting ready to remove my MEGA 360 & replace with a MEGA Live transducer & I'm also probably going to remove the carpeting from the floor, ctr storage box & cooler tops and replace with Marine Matt. This is now an option on 2022 Z20s & up and the only thing I don't like about my 2021 Z18 pro is that carpet

New NOCO Genius onboard charger. I have one Lithium 12V battery for my trolling motor and one 12V AGM for starting and running finders. It has charging modes for both battery types. I was using a separate charger for the Lithium. I'm having a hydraulic steering system installed to replace my cable steer system and I'm replacing my trailer's 20-year-old steel wheels with aluminum wheels and replacing my old radials with new. Also replacing my spare tire with a galvanized wheel and new tire. I'm most looking forward to the steering system improvement. Also adding a trailer step at the bow to make it easier to get off the boat after putting it on the trailer.
All the above is done! Looking forward to getting out soon. Still cold in the Northeast.
IMG_5830.jpeg
IMG_5829.jpeg
IMG_5832.jpeg
IMG_5834.jpeg

Latest posts

Back