What prop?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A guy I work with recently bought a 96 TV 17 with a 75 hp Force. He noticed that at wot he was exceeding recommended max rpms and he thinks he may have the wrong prop size and that it could have been a spare that someone put on to sell it. He has attempted to call several Tracker dealers and he gets a different response from each one. (if they try to help at all.) Does anyone know what prop came standard on this boat or what are you currently using with a similar set-up?

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am no expert on prop sizes etc and he keeps asking me.

Rob,

you can go to BBC and look in the owners list.You can sometimes find some helpfull info there.

Steve

I recently bought a 99 PT 175 with a 98 Force 75. It had a 10 1/2" (roughly) x 14" on it and was running about 5,450 rpm, had a decent hole shot, and topped out at 36mph (GPS).

Concerned about the RPMs and always looking for more speed, I bought at 15" prop. The WOT rpm did drop to 5,200 but the hole shot has suffered and top speed dropped to 33mph. I'll probably switch back to the 14".

John

Latest posts

Back