what is the best thing to protect your boat?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty C.

Reaction score
What is the best thing to put on your boat's exterior to protect it from UV rays, oxidation, etc.? I heard 303 product, boat saver, and meguire's wax are good products. But, those three products are all different. Which do you think provides the best protection and will keep your boat looking like it came out of the showroom floor?

Thanks in advance!

I like Liqued Glass its pretty expensive $20 for acan that will do your boat about 2 times but it makes your boat look like it just came out of the factory

JD

All will work if applied on a regular schedule. It also depends on the current condition of your rig. 303 has no wax so is probably just better used on seats, vinyl and rubber. That is what I use it for. Just got my first bottle of BBS and I like it but if I had a rig with showroom condition I would do a combo of wax and BBS.

TOXIC

Bass Boat Saver works great........I have to disagree It's the best on the market,,, If you have a good coat of wax on your boat before you use It.....Use It everytime you pull your boat out of the water ,,,,, Just wipe It down...I am sure there are members who will agree.JR

Jim,

I have had great results with the BBS. I am also running the Potomac. With my wrap it keeps it looking great and does not remove any of the dye in the sticker. I have also used it on my hull, the areas of the exposed boat that do not have any warp, and also on my trck (experiment)

All worked out great for me and not a single complaint.

Like Tox said, any regular use of any product should keep you looking good. I use Pro Tech as my base coat on the baot and te BBS over the top of that. Exposed parts of the boat get waxed at least two time a year and i BBS it after every dunking (just ask Tox and KB how anal I am about that)

I also have the 303 and use tat on the upholstery. Keeps it lookign good! Too expensive to use lots on the boat exterior.

Carlos

Latest posts

Back