What is a good cleaner for my seats?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Heine

Reaction score
I have those white/grey/burgandy seats and the center one is a half seat that everyone steps on to get to the back of the boat.Now I am not anal about the seats but I would like to get rid of the dirty off color to them.I have tried 409 and resolve with not much in results.I am also having a hard time getting my grey carpet to get clean.What type of carpet cleaner works the best? The guy who had the boat before me rarely used it and it was mint when I got it but I fish every single weekend and it is starting to show.Any other tips on maintenance for cleaning? I am also considering a bimini top to get the woman to go fishing more often and less griping about the heat.Any input on anyone who has put one on and do's and don'ts?

Dave,

I use Fantastik to clean my seats, and hose off the carpet. I posted a similar question about the bimini top and will be getting one in the off season. If you search the posts, you should be able to find the string.

Rich D

Formula 303 is hands down the BEST and most expensive. They boast an SPF 40 level protection for your vinyl. I use it on my seats, console/gauges, motor and all hoses, cables and trim. A lot of guys on the California Delta use it on their glass or painted aluminum boats instead of wax. Lake scum and bug splat will not stick to it.

To spot clean, I use Resolve and a small brush. I then go over the entire carpet with Hoover carpet solution in an extraction machine. I finish with a once over using only clear water. The primary cause of carpet matting is left over soap so you want to get as much of it out as possible. I also go over it with a wet and dry vacuum afterwards to help speed up drying times since I live on the coast and sunshine is a rare occurance. The whole process only takes about an hour to complete.

Kenji

Latest posts

Back