What happens to ProMaster

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donald Fruge

Reaction score
I have always been interested in a "ProMaster Bay Boat". Out of curiousity, I have been looking around on the web for used promasters to get a feel for the price of used ones.

A google search turned up a press release stating that Tracker marine bought Travis Boating Center, who I guess makes/markets the promaster. This all took place at the end of 2004 and beginnig of 2005. I don't see where anyone is carrying the ProMaster bay boats new anymore. So, my question is this: Does tracker just do away with the make/models that don't fit there market scheme?

I don't think I would buy one new but it kinda bothers me if they are no longer made...especially if its because tracker has done away with them.

Wolf

Wolf, ProMaster was built by Sprint, who did a marketing/distribution deal with Travis before Sprint went under. I believe Sprint went under before Tracker got control of Travis. Fishmaster was another bay boat line that Travis branded, built for Travis by Dynasty.

You might want to check out Nautic Star, which is the Sprint folks back in the bay boat building business, I believe out of the same plant where they used to make the Sprints.

As to what Tracker does with brands it acquires: Some live, some die. Procraft, Fisher, Astro, Kenner, Mako, etc. With any business, you figure out which product lines make sense for which markets. Sometimes, a brand dies because it's cheaper to kill it than fix it or keep running it. I believe they retired the Astro brand after a few years of making I/O fish and skis. They now make those under the Tahoe name.

Hey Rich, Hows things?

I have been interesed in an all around fresh/Salt fishing/pleasure boat if you know what I mean. I have two small kids 5 & 3 who both love to be in the boat. They love to fish and they both love to ride if you know what I mean. I have a brother in law who's family has a camp on Toledo Bend and they have a 17 foot promaster bay boat which they use as an all around boat at the camp. I have been in love with it ever since I first road in it. It has carpet and a small rear deck, which sets it apart from the other models in my price range. I do fish some small lakes and rivers so I can't go with anything to big so a an 18 or 19 foot would do fine.

I found one at a boat dealer in Beaumont Tx (two hours away) that I would love to have. Its a 2000 model 21 foot (blue and white) with a 125 Merc on it. They are listing it at 6,995. I think that is an awesome deal. I just wish it had a Johnson on it like a lot of the others I see. I can't buy it until I sell my Tracker.

Have a good day,

wolf :D

Wolf, I know the model you are referring to. See them here in GA every once in a while. One of the repo dealers up here had an 18 footer with the rear deck insert last year. Think it had a Johnson 130.

I'd want to see how the 21 footer does with a 125. It's a big boat, although probably not too heavy without a hull liner. When I've seen them, they typically have a V-6 on the back, at least a 150.

Also, keep in mind, without a hull liner, adding a rear deck to those open bay boats is not a huge project. In case you find one that is otherwise ideal.

Latest posts

Back