What do you guys use for Worms?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Guys - after hard 10 years my double sided BPS extreme worm bag is about dead (worn through). I need to get a new bag for Guntersville, so what do you guys do? I am thinking of something the size of the double bag for all my worms, and a single bag for my jig trailers (I have exponentially more worms then jig trailers).

Do you guys use worm bags/binder? hard cases? Plano boxes? I move between my boat and Dan's every other weekend, and occasionally in other guys boats, so I like my plastics in one box/bag as opposed to digging through the boat.

Plano 370 boxes,...with compt's divided by color. I primarily use 4-5 colors...but 8 diff colors fit nicely in a 370 box.

I use the Falcon FTO speed bags that i think are marketed under Plano now. they really work well I have a bunch of them for different things like one for tubes, one for lizzards, etc. All the plastics stay in the original bag and are areally easy to get in and find what i need. They look like this.

sorry for the giant pic....;)

6-4806-Elite-Speed-Bag.jpg

I use the bigger boxes like Mac and leave them in the original bags they come in.

I simplified about 2 years ago. I used to carry one or two different worm bags, all categorized and sorted. I then realized, that I mostly used about 6-8 different types/colors of soft plastics.

So, I simply carry the individual packages that I use in my regular soft sided tackle box.Yes, I still have my smaller worm bag from BPS that sits in one of the storage lockers of my boat, but I find myself being satisfied with just having a smaller selection stuffed into my regular bag.

I limit to several earth type/natural colors, with a few others thrown in just in case.

Tex

You guys carry WAY less then me!! LOL I have both sides of the double sided bag OVER stuffed, plus 4 gallon ziplocks with extras completly full, plus a shelf in the garage!! I will say I do primarilly use 5-6 colors and have 10+ bags of each, so I guess I need to sit down, think it through and see how many I WANT to carry on the boat! With a 17ft boat, putting them into plano boxes would take up a lot of storage I don't have, I liked the double binder because it had them all in 1 place, and I could leave it out on lower deck of the boat weather trailering or running the lake, always handy...

Keep the ideas coming!

Jim B - How many worm binder sleeves does that falcon hold? my double bag has 10 on each side and as I said its busting loose!!!

Trep,..how many of those worms do you carry EVERYWHERE and never use?? (probably most of them!) Sort out what you use ALOT of and put'em in a box and take that box/bag/etc with you and leave the rest at home.....replenish/refill your container as required!! You've probably got 20lbs of chit that's never seen the water!!:eek:

but Mac - what IF that 1 day I need that 1 bag to get a fish!!! That blows my whole business case with Beka on a larger boat! But HONEY, the kids don't need new shoes, I need a 20ft boat to carry all my and eli's tackle!! LOL

Trep, they say 20 bags will fit in one of those. I know i can get more in if i stuff them. I carry 6 of them in my boat with all the stuff i keep(i think i keep way to much stuff). The thing i like about them is they dont have to go into antoher bag in the binder, just drop them in in the container them come in. I also have a easy view loaded with the stuff.

I used to carry as much stuff as you do maybe more but i have learned to do like mac says and got rid of stuff that never hits the water. Every year i go thru my stuff and take out the things i didnt use and i have removed well over 30 pounds of stuff from the boat and every year the box of stuff i dont ever use gets bigger. Honestly if i had a little bag with like a few spinnerbaits, a bag of green pumpkin senko's, a handfull of black and blue jigs with a jar of #11 pork and some green pumpkin spider jigs and lead heads that would cover 90% of what i use on the water.

Tex - I was SOO in trouble in the first tourney we did this year, I completely forgot Eli's tackle bag! So all his Robo Worms were left at home! Luckily I had a few of the ones he used so that worked for that one!! LOL

I think for this trip next week i'll duct tape my current bag to get through for now, and look at either the Falcon bags or try in the 370 route like Mac!

I've gone through twice since China on sliming the plastics, but keep buying MORE!! LOL

Trep,...don't let Beka decide if you get a bigger boat based on the size of your worm....she might just tell you you're exagerating NOW!:lol::rolleyes:

Hey, if you want a BAG, then I've got one in storage that I can send you. It can double as a 'seat'!

When I first got back into Bass Fishing, I bought this huge bag from BPS. I took it to one tournament, and that was all. I had everything in it. It must have weighed 50-60 pounds full!

I should just send you and Eli the three or four containers of worms that I have on the shelf, and let you use them as you see fit.

Tex

Tex - You know my garage space, SEND IT ON DOWN!! Eli has been beating me for a new/larger tackle bag for his 370 boxes, and now that he has 6 rods of his own, i had to build him section on the garage wall for his stuff!! LOL

I have one of those HUGE bags, i've come to lately when its not my boat just carry 1 small soft side bag that hold 4 370 boxes, plus my plastics bag.

I use gallon ziplock bags by bait style, I probably have about 30 bags. That way I can just grab the bags that apply to where I'm fishing and keep some of the weight out of the boat. I put the bags I'm using that day in a duffle bag.

I keep mine in the manu bags and then keep the ones I use in the boat in a freebee ERSI giveaway bag that has a zipper.

All my less used ones and spares are on the wall in the gargage

Latest posts

Back