What do CD-R's have to do with Bass Boats?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing! But I didn't know where to ask this question and since there are so many people on this board who are so much more knowledgable than I am about electronics.........

What is the difference between CD-R's that are designated "Music" and those designated "Data"?

I don't use them to record data, only music through a CD burner in my stereo system. The "data" type are SO much cheaper!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

me!

i dont know that one,but maybe it is just a ploy for you to pay more for the music ones.i do both on the same type,and have had no problems with them.but my portable cd player is made for the mp3 cd's.

some have problems reading ones that are diffrent colors,some will read any kind.

There is really a difference. It's with the encoding embedded in them, I think. A burner on a PC can record music to either kind, but a music burner that is part of a stereo system can only burn to the CD-Rs that are designated for music (because they only have one purpose). As cheap as "data" CD-Rs are, why not get ahold of one and try it. I think your burner will not even recognize that a blank is in it.

Thanks for the answer to the difference, Larry! I give your suggestion a try. I hadn't done it before because I thought that there might be some slight difference in the reproduction of the music that might now be immediately evident - and I wanted EXACT duplicates.

Jeff - The CD-R's work perfectly in my CD changer and in my Sony Walkman; but my car stereo usually doesn't recognize the format immediately. I generally have to reinsert the CD several times before I don't get the "error" message and it begins playing. Then, so long as I don't take the CD out, it plays just fine even if the car/radio are shut off and turned back on.

I haven't tried colored CD's yet. Do you think Beethoven would like his music on colored CD's? I'm sure that Neil Diamond, Paul Simon and The Stones would appreciate it - but I'm not so sure that Louie would.........

Merry Christmas!

me!

scott,some of the older car cd players wont recognize the format,i have a $500 kenwood,well,3 yrs ago it was that,10 disk changer and it wouldnt recognize the disk,wouldnt play them.a computer guru told me the older systems have a hard time detecting the tracks.my old portable would play them,but would sometimes skip a few tracks.

sometimes changing brands of cdr's helps.try diffrent colors also,it helps sometimes.

ive been transfering some old records to cd's lately.works pretty good.i got to get a ground cable for my turntable thoug.takes time to transfer them over,track titles,and such on the software.

thinking about one of them mp3 players which uses no disks or anything.guess it might be a santa present next year,unless i buy it for myself.whats nice about them is there smaller than a cd player.

now to talk the wife into it!!

Latest posts

Back