What a day

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well finally got some flat water to run the boat WOT today. With the CMC plate on it hole shot is actually the same....still sick but that's typical for a Ranger, they're fast out of the hole. I actually LOST about 2 mph and she chine walks real easy now and does NOT run well in rough water going with the waves. All in all, I'm not at all happy but BPS said I can return it. Talked to my tech, he suggests a hydraulic, so I'm leaning towards the Atlas 6" from Cabelas with a low water pick up on my lower unit. We'll see.

Good thing was I went out to my famous flats and found very few smallies...big but few. So I went to one of my honey holes....a tourney hot spot tucked way away in nowhere land and the water was 7 degrees warmer a whopping 57 degrees and the toads were BEDDING! That's right bass fans, I saw at least 3 beds with active luv makin spawning going on and did some sight fishing for a 19+ lb stringer of my best 5 within an hour. Never seen the spawn this early before even up there. Maybe there is sumpin to this global warming scare tactic stuff......NAHHHHHHHH!;)

Doncha get hung up in them tires?:p;)

Watched the FLW episode and you didn't have your pink hat on, whaas up wit dat?::lol:

Toxic

Somebody threw that one away....I have my suspicions that it was my wife but she's not admitting to anything. Plus I have my pink Ranger hat now. Lots of mojo on that hat.

No signs of bedding here as of last weekend. Moon is happening soon, so I would assume that the males will start fanning.

I wont tell you my best 5 last Sunday was well over 25....saw a 7 caught near me too. Over 130 smallies in 3 days by me.

As for your boat, if its walking that bad you are probably too deep. Raise it up in 1/8" increments and watch your h2o pressure....

Sounds like a good day Rob. I hit one of my lakes Sunday and smallies and largemouth

were both together. Biggest largemouth 5.3 lbs and biggest smallie was 4.2 lbs. One more week and I will be down to Buffalo, Lake Erie catching some real smallies. Last report from past weekend was a number of 6's and 7's caught in 20-24 ft. of water on rock piles.:wub:

I have to get to eastern Erie one of these days. Zona keeps bragging about it....keep seening pictures...

I really want to go to Erie this year to crack the 7 lb smallie mark. I have two 6's from Champlain and I'm sure 7's are out there but there's just more of them in Erie. I'll have to wait until I get my 20 footer though!:D

Hey goober (aka mini) I tried both #'s I have for you. Left messages on both, but both had automated repsonses. Not sure if they are still your #'s. E-mail me a good one just in case.

water clarity is hit or miss CIII.

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?region=e&page=1&his=modis

I'm packing my coffee can. The things you learn on the tournament trail. :p

Latest posts

Back