Weld on the pad

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishonsc

Reaction score
Will the welded spot on the pad effect performance?
Thanks.
21171.jpeg
21166.jpeg
21165.jpeg

The guy said he hit something. Said he had tracker fix it. No damage at all to the motor. I think he slide it off the trailer at the ramp. Just a guess.

I think It should be fine. Unless it makes an annoying water spray of some kind, I can't imagine that it would have any significant effect on your speed or performance.
I took the boat out yesterday for a 30 mile run. Ran great. No crazy water spray. Hit 51 mph. I went ahead and bought it. Could not turn down the price.

I would keep an eye on your prop if it's aluminum which can cause porosity burn on your prop. It will look like little tiny holes in a small pattern about the size of a quarter. What porosity is, a small air bubble that forms from a imperfection on the running surface forward of the prop and bombards it with millions of these air bubbles which causes small holes in the props surface, there for porosity.

I would keep an eye on your prop if it's aluminum which can cause porosity burn on your prop. It will look like little tiny holes in a small pattern about the size of a quarter. What porosity is, a small air bubble that forms from a imperfection on the running surface forward of the prop and bombards it with millions of these air bubbles which causes small holes in the props surface, there for porosity.
It's running a stainless prop.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back