Welcome to the new and improved (?) NTOWS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Hello, all.

Still working on some of the transfer issues, so you may see some bugs here and there. A few features are not yet implemented (no library uploads, a couple of other misc. items). Please bear with me as I get this squared away.

If I'm not in Kansas, my wife will be very cross with me!

I don't need glasses anymore... Talk about big and bold..... LOVE IT

BF

Hello,,,hello,,,hello..........is there anybody in here ???????????? Can anyone hear me ?????? Is there anyone at all..............

Looks like you may have to update your preferances and re-set it. I did anyway.

The preferences may be ok once the new server is directly reached via "nitroowners.com". Right now, the old server is still forwarding some folks to the new server, and that may interfere with cookies.

On some of the post the words are running off the right side of the screen. How do you scroll right to read the rest of the sentence. I no longer have a scroll bar at the bottom of the screen as I had before. Therefore, I cannot figure out how to to read what is running off the right side of the screen.

Thanks

RM58, I think I've got that fixed now. Let me know if it's looking better.

Glad everyone approves of the changes so far. The goal wasn't so much a new look-and-feel, as much as moving the site to an environment that would allow future improvements.

Just FYI, regarding some features:

- Chat is missing in action, and will be for a while.

- Member libraries are "read only" at the moment. I hope to have the upload and other library features working shortly.

- The board search feature is only partially functional.

- The archived board records are currently unavailable.

Good job Rich. Trepster's gonna think that the Chinese government has hijacked the site.:lol:

BruceM

Looks good Rich, wider like me!

A bigger and bloder NTOWS!

Randy!

Nice ideas Rich... Thanks again, as everyone says... this place is like the pot bellied stove in the general store for me... I come here to relax and talk with old frinds... So, when you tidy up the place I am real appreciative...

Man, I pop in the old ntows site to take a look around and think it was hacked!

Looks good Rich.

Rich D

Well, I got in. So that is a good sign. I'll post some observations, once I have browsed around for a bit, and things settle in.

Tex

Nice - change is good, keeps the juices flowing. Thanks for the site

in general too. ;)

I'm with Uncle Billy, I had to double check my link. Looks good!

I'm an old curmudgeon who just hates change at this time in my life. When I first saw what you were doing I said, "OhOh," but must now confess this looks and feels very nice.

I assume you're taking suggestions?? Is there any way to place the doorway to the Memorial Page somewhere else? Maybe on the main toolbar? Somehow, to me anyway, having it grouped in with "Tails from the Trail" and "Fishing Reports" doesn't feel right??

Maybe to the right of "Members"?

Anyway, the site really looks great and my fear of change has been allayed.:eek:

Uncle Billy

Billy, menu space at the top is at a premium. As poignant as the memorial page is, it's not the kind of link that needs to be accessed on a regular basis from the site's main menu.

Over time, I'll be doing some additional reorganization. The "More" area was just my catch all for not losing stuff that had a place on the old site format.

... It was really unnerving for me to even ask <shew>. You created the Memorial site and did such a great job on it I didn't want it to "get lost in the shuffle", if you know what I mean. I agree that site I mentioned isn't appropriate and I trust you to place it where it's not lost and can be easily seen. And trust me, I don't mean to be pushy about it! I just didn't want to say nothing and then have it forgotten about..

Thanks Rich! And thanks for the new look!!

Uncle Billy

Rich,

The site is shaping up real nice...

The "contact Us" failed with a vb script error... No hurry on what I was trying to send but I know you will want to know about the bad link... failed script error.

Here is what I was sendng; "Rich,

COuld you drop "The NorthShore Bass Anglers from the clubs area and add "The Northern Illinois Walleye Club" www.thewalleyeclub.com" Thanks.

Looks good, maybe now I can get in form work since it is called a forum vs the old format that said message board

Rich - The WWW is still World Wide and I can access it from Shanghai!!!

One question, where did the links to your other sites go (guns and bullets, sportrak, pontoons...)??

Trep

Trep, I've shut down the other sites, except the Sport Trac site. Too much effort invested for too little traffic.

NTOWS carries the banner forward!

Latest posts

Back