Weather

• Thread starter Bobby Williford
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok it's weird to think that texas,georgia,alabama and the carolinas have snow "lots of it" and here in ohio we haven't got a dusting of snow yet!! lol Everyone stay safe and warm!! I've dusted my fishing poles more than my computer,hurry up spring!!

Bobby

Bobby, Same here in Indiana. Maybe I'm the one to blame for that. I bought a new snow thrower this past fall. LOL. The ponds are all hard around here with safe ice on most of them. I think this winter I'll do some ice fishing.

Mac...Sounds like your early years were like mine. We always played out in the winter. Usually until the parents made us come in. Couldn't understand why either. It was cold like this last year also. Had 10-14 inches of ice on. is there nuch smallie fishing thri the ice up there?

TrepMan...How's it down there in sunny Gawgaaaaa??? Goin fishin this afternoon??? LOL

OK as a NY native, WHAT exactly constitutes a LOT of snow down south? A couple of inches? LOL Give me a break. You want snow, go to Buffalo. I feel bad for them, but when we had 7 feet dumped on US last March, nobody called it a disaster. They just figured we could take it, and we did. To all you thin blooded folks who always give the yankees a hard time, come up and stay a while. I'll show you some snow. Come up for back to back Nor'easters that drop 3-4 feet a piece on you then cry to me!

Mac, we had a year like that on Champlain once. Way cool. No need for sonar in shallow. You just walked the bays until you saw the schools under your feet, then drilled a hole and started pulling. That was the best. You could pick your fish. Made me very uneasy because the clear ice was very deceiving. You couldn't really tell you were on 14" unless you saw how deep the cracks went down. And WIND? Man you could get 40-50mph gust up on this lake. If you weren't careful you would end up in another state or country fast, no kidding!

Rob

No snow in these parts of Illinois either. Just some cool weather,teens. Sorry we're missing the snow, but I suppose if we wait long enough, we'll enough of it. Hope everyone down south is keeping warm and learning how to drive in the white stuff!

Barb

We've got 5 inches in Lexington, SC, and it's still coming down. Help! It's like Armageddon down here! We don't know how to drive in this stuff. Nothing's open.

Just Sunday it was 60 and I was out on the lake. Our club is having our first tourney of the year next Saturday.

I know northerners are getting a chuckle out of our "blizzard," just like we do in the summer when you call 85 "hot". :)

Jim

You nailed that one Jim!!.....We don't have a clue what HOT is,...and ya'll down there close schools and business after a hard frost!...LOL

Sam - We got 3-4 inches yesterday early this morning. Don't know about Alabama/SC/NC but here in North Georgia 1 inch and the city STOPS! Highway's become parking lots with lots of good ole boys (and GIRLS) trying to pass in the non-cleared lanes in their cars/trucks and then spin out on the ice into everyone else! I've seen video of our local bus service going sideways down the highway!

Boat is nice and toasty in the garage, but my wagon is covered in SNOW.

I think it's time for Pres. W to try and get Canada to take any states north of the mason/dixon line! LOL

TrepMan

Come on now TrepMan. Aren't you a relocated Yankee? Sounds like someone's forgot his upbringing?

I bet Canada would like that!!! To recover the lost tax revenue you'd have to move the southern border down to south of Chile somewhere. Least that way you could fish for Peacock Bass without needing a passport.

If your boat is in the garage and your car's outside sounds like someone's got their priorities straight. LOL

Yes, i'm a reloacate Yankee (25 years between NJ/IN/IL) and then 4 in TX and the last 6 1/2 in GA. But even here it's getting too cold! I've tried to convince my wife twice to move to Tampa so I can truly fish 365 days/year!

I'd take Chile, Aruba, or even a small island off Mexico!

And yes, the Tracker has had the garage since day 1! Still have not found the $$ to build the 3rd car garage. I'd love a stand alone 2 car LONG garage so I can just pull out when i'm ready all rigged and charged!

Anyone have any good lottery numbers?

TrepMan

Alright that's it! Trep I'm sending Tommy 2 Fingers and Jimmy the Squirrel for you. Gonna make you swim wit da fishes unda da ice see! For your info Mac this is God's country is all his splendor and WRATH! Some call it hell too. In the spring, we get the wash away an entire TOWN floods. Summer it gets over 100 and I don't care WHERE you're from...that's HOT! Fall is about the safest time we have, good hunting, fishing and foliage, then theres ice storms, and nobody holds a flame to what we have experienced for those! Winter brings snow by the yard and temps WELL below 0 on a regular basis. So we only get the occasional tornado and don't worry about hurricanes. YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH TO LIVE IN NY!!!!!!! So Trep keep your now candified butt south of the Mason and we'll keep the bronze bullets and largemouth by livewell full up here hidden under 30" of "Hard Water"! LOL Any questions?

BTW, this is my way of sounding off in anticipation of a LONG winter ahead! SO DON'T MESS WITH ME TREP!!!!

I can't wait to figure out how to put pictures on here. You want to see snow, I'll show you SNOW! Now for break from our sponsor Prozac! LOL

I went to school in Northern Alabama and we got an inch of snow over a day and a half and school was closed for two days! I couldnt believe it....cars swerving all over...people making snowmen and angels...snowball fights....too funny!

I sat in my dorm window laughing at all of em, but that was the first snow they had in 7 years.....

Mini

OK Rob ,TRUST me my CANDIFIED tushy is as south as I can! I know as soon I write this I KNOW my boss is going to tell me i'm being reassigned to the Buffalo NY office for the rest of the winter!

I do wish we had Smallmouth, Pike and Walleye down here, but it's a balance.

Us Wussies down south will keep you up to date on the fishing for a few months.

TrepMan

OK THAT'S IT!!! You wanna you should taunt ME wit your bass fishing in Jan and Feb! You just be sure to come up for the rally mister. I'm gonna strap ya to da front of my TF and spike a couple of 6 footers in 50 degree water. Then I'll yank Scott out of that perch colored life vest and troll YOU for muskie! Good thing you're a good sport Trep, cause if you think I'm bad know wait to see how bad I get by March and the &*%$#@ ice won't pull out! If you come up for the rally, may every little snake pike rip off all your best lures! There take that!

Rob

Hey Trep, can I come down next month for a week to fish? LOL

Give 'em hell Rob.

Trep, may you backlash constantly until April!!!

Rob - Come on down, Striper fishing heats up in the shallows next month and we get the warming trend in the shallows and rip/rap in late Feb early March.

We just have to wait till the snow melts (Ramp is still icy today) and after our ice storm on Sunday Night!

Depresses the heck out of me to see SNOW out my office window.

Latest posts

Back