Weather didn't cooperate!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well there was no chance of a 150 fish day this weekend. We had wind and rain the whole weekend. We had to salvage each day. On Saturday we did manage to boat about 60 fish in spite of the 3-4ft waves and rain. Sunday was tough. I only nailed 5 fish but a client out fished me like crazy. He was the third guy to come up with these "Chomper" baits. Can't find them, but I will. We did boat a 13lb channel cat that took 25 minutes to land on an ultra light. That was fun. Anyhow, we did o.k. considering we still out fished the other boats. All the guides had a tough time putting fish in the boat. The waves and cold rain dropped the surface temp about 10 degrees in 2 days. Hopefully I'll have better luck this weekend. Keep ya posted.
Rob

Rob,..Chompers are just twin tailed skirted grubs like Yammie's or the XPS skirted grubs,....the only difference is their smell.....those garlic ones are wicked!!! You'll smell'em a mile away when someone's using them!! They work good though,....but if you can't find them....use the XPS twin tailed skirted grubs,.....they a lot less expensive and the fish don't know the difference,...spray them with garlic if you think it's the scent, but it wasn't that long ago when Yammie's where the "only thing that worked",.....now they're too expensive!!..We've all switched to the XPS grubs and we still catch just as many or more fish than ever......try'em...you'll love them!!
Good luck,
Mac

Rob,

I finally got out on Lake Champlain last Friday and was able to fish for a few hours. Boated 7 bass - 1 smallmouth and 6 largemouth. Smallmouth was 2lbs 13oz and the biggest largemouth was 4lbs 3oz. The weather forecast doesn't look good for the rest of the week. Later..

Bob

Latest posts

Back