Waterproofing Storage Compartments?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Allen

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Been awhile since I've been on the forum. The few fishing trips I've been on this year have been pretty good.
Question for you Tracker owners - I'd like to waterproof my Tracker 165 storage compartments. They let the rain in pretty badly. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Scott

It's time for me to figure this out as well. I've added storage compartments, extended the front deck and now it time to keep things dry. Drain holes work well after everything in the compartment has already been saturated. Kind of tired of fans running for two days after being caught in the wet. My other boats have had a channel that collected the water and a tube to direct it to the bilge. I'll be watching this one.

So three years later tracker still hasn't gotten this right! This is my main complaint about this boat, can't leave anything in the compartments or it will mildew! They could have put a lip around the top to keep the water from going in! I brought this up on the survey they sent me and their response was just "sorry, nothing we can do"
James

Reactions: cq
Guys it’s not a seal top cap, like a glass boat. Most of the water that gets in comes from the edges of the decks. All aluminum boats have this issue. Until a boat is built with a tin bottom. And a fiberglass top cap, with raised molded water channels. It’s just the way it is going to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back