waterdogs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jr. Dunn

Reaction score
I know nobody wants to admit they ever use live bait but thought I would just mention that a friend of mine is leaving for Lake Fork this Friday(4-18-03), and he will have a few hundred waterdogs. He is going to be there through 4-25 or 4-26.

(Feel free to email me if you want any more info)

the guys that had water dogs this past weekend hardly caught any bass!

Guess when they aren't biting, they just aren't biting. When that happens, I can usually at least pick up a couple with the dogs though.

I would rather use artifical anyway myself but I usually always take a few.

Kraig is right those waterdog boys was a little dissapointed this weekend. They didn't fair to well. I've never fished with one. Lots of folks around here do though. KENNY

They did catch some on Sunday but I didn't think it was worth the effort and expense, plus they're nasty gross little creatures. I'll stick with plastic, thank you.

Harpo

Ahh I See, thanks. I have never used live bait for bass. May have to look and see about them here. Not sure if they are used on the Potomac in the tidal areas I fish or not.

Carlos

Bob Watski drove from Wisconsin to South Dakota to get them. He must of had 100 of the slimmy little s.o.b.'s. He hooks 'em through the lips then flips up on the bed or in the hydrilla then they crawl around and grab the bass by the throat and carries them back to the boat. ;>)

Harpo

LOL at Soonerfan!!!!!!..........You've been watching to much WWF dude! LOL

By the way, waterdogs really aren't the same as salamanders.

Race is still on for the first 4 pounder Tox!! I may have to invest in some of these puppies :)

Carlos

My client Monday wanted crappie....ahhhhhhhh, I'm headin out Friday bassin!! Watch out!!

PS....He launched his tackle bag!! LOL I warned him!!

TOXIC

ROTFLMAO Sooner!!,...there's a cartoon in there somewhere!!! A waterdog with doo-rag and a fumanchu has a hawg in a headlock...givin' it a noogie!!

hahahahah......"Hawg Hogan"...LOL!!! "Brother!!!" :eek:)

Mac

You guys have some imagination....Too bad when a woman beats you to the 4 pounder....Fish On!

I'm not kidding!! Some of those waterdogs that Bob was fishing with must have weighed about a pound. When Adam didn't show up with the shrimp and crawfish we were thinking about frying up some of those "dawgs". Fortunately the walleye, catfish, and deer sausage fed everybody sufficently. I do believe that you could catch a 12# er-- stuff a couple of dogs down his throat and break the world record!! LOL

Harpo

Uh....Teri,

Do you dare join in on Carlos and my little contest for a 4 pounder?!?. We KNOW you do not want to join the launch contest. LOL

TOXIC

I see you are starting the year of right Tox!!!!! Launching!! I did not launch anything on Monday, course witht he river so full, I had to go slow.....

Teri, you are more then welcome to join the launch contest!!! The more the merrier!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Carlos

HAHA No way man!! You know that the Captain is responsible for all that goes on his vessel :-0 HAHAHAHAH

Carlos and I have a bad habit of "donating" personal items to various lakes and rivers. Started lat year with him losing a box of cranks and other tackle, then I launched my cell phone, then he launched his hat (he was with me that time), then he launched his rear seat (recoverd). I have launched a pkg of hooks, boat plug and boat keys. Shhhhhh....Don't tell him that I just remembered I lost a crank ($7.00 one still in the box) and a little bag of snaps on Monday.

TOXIC

Well,..that solves the mystery of the origin of all the crap floating in the river that Carlos mentioned the other day,..LOL!! Tox,....wait'll you see your new guide service logo,.."Hammertime Fishing Guide and Tackle Launching Service"......(my beloved crawfish has a Marine Drill Sgt. Cover on (in honor of Carlos) and he's pulling the trigger on a catapult mounted to your rear deck,....launching a tackle box back into the lake!! It rocks....repeat business will surface faster than your plugs, keys, and baits!! LOLOL

Mac

yeah,...well...i figured you'd recognize the "cloud" hovering around the back of the Craw,....just tell your clients if they ask,.."Ohhh,..that's just,....EXHAUST!" LOL

I saw bob catch one on a waterdog sunday and it was pretty explosive to say the least. Don said he would use them if he had gloves! ha! I might try some next year and see what happens (if don baits my hook!). them waterdogs are some ugly little creatures.

jd

Latest posts

Back