water trapped under seat of z6

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mook

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed water trapped under seats ahead of the support beam in a nitro? I removed the insert trays from the storage compartment and reached forward over the support beam and discovered about 3 inches of water trapped there below the seats. The water has no way to escape to the bilge area. Bass pro says it's the way it was designed. Has any one drilled holes to let the water go to the rear bilge. I also discovered that the rub rail was not sealed and while on a 15 mile run the boat hull filled with about 100 gallons of water. My Z6 is now in the hands of bass pro shops. They say they don't do that kind of repair and it will be sent to a local fiberglass shop. Thank you for any thoughts or advice on my problems.

Welcome. Well I think there was someone on here with a water problem. TRCM search for his post. I'd be interested to know what their fix is for that. The rub rail is a common problem and a very regular maintenance item. You have to re-tighted your rub rail screws all the time or at least once or twice a season. As for the epoxy, they should have been done at the factory but not hard to do yourself. It ought to last a good long time if they do it right.

Wow that sucks! Hopefully you get the problem solved and get back on the water soon. Have not notice the problem in my nx750. I'll keep an eye open and advise.

The boat is on it's way back to the factory in missouri because a drain was never installed in the structure beam to allow the water to drain to the rear\bilge and also Nitro Bass tracker factory will be sealing the rub rail because it was never sealed to begin with. They say they will pick it up repair and return it to our local bass pro dealer here in Indiana at no cost to me. It should begin the journey in a few days. Right now i'm feeling hopeful . They seem to be backing up their boats warranties. Thanks again you guys and I'll keep you posted on my progress.

What year model Z6 is it? I have a 2011 and my rub rail was fine but there are other members who's were'nt sealed at the factory and had the same issue as yours. The only part I can't work out is once your plane the rear portion of the rub rail that gets most of the water should be well and truly clear of spray and no more water should get in. It's only really on take off and very very tight turns that water should be that high up the hull.

As for the water being trapped by the the beam thats mounted behind the seat, mine seems ok but having said that, I don't get water into that area. When I wash the inside of the boat out the water always pools into the cockpit floor and down the centre drain point, this is right over the fuel tank where then it runs down and under it to the bilge.

Hope this helps a little.

It's a 2011 and the rub rail leaks all the way around as near as I can tell. I sprayed water from the inside out and it leaked everywhere. I bought this boat from a guy who only had it out twice. He won it at work and wasn't a boater so it was stored for a year. I discovered the problems after bringing it home and my first time out it filled it up with water. I think the spray gets in on the sides while running and also major amounts when putting on the trailer as the rear is low in the water. I had transferred the warranties for boat and motor so it's all good so far. Tracker says the beam under the seat should have a drain but i guess mine doesn't.

Tox is right, there was a guy on here "Gary" with the same hull and taking on lots of water. His rub rail had no seal either and I think he just resealed himself.
We compared serial numbers and were way different. Mine has a very large bead of clear silicone under the rub rail the entire length of the boat and as I understand it, they are a "shoebox" type hull meaning the top overlaps the actual hull and if you don't have silicone in the join and then under the rub rail, it will force up and in. I pulled the actual rubber insert out, removed each screw which nearly all were loose as Tox says, I put sealant on each one and tightened, also added several more in the gaps and there was also 2 blank holes that just didn't have a screw. I used Sikoflex sealant adhesive and I have checked a few times since and none have backed out, also the hull actually felt a little stiffer after they all were tightened and additional screws installed. I would be interested to know how they can get access to add that drain hole though. Don't suppose there's a chance you do have one but some crap has blocked it?

I never found a drain hole in the beam. The rub rail has silicone under the rail but not sealed in the joint between the hull and the inner liner. The local bass pro shop are the ones that told me that's the way it was designed with the beam ,but the factory said there should be a drain hole in the beam. There was no drain found by local bass pro shop. I removed the rear storage compartment bins to look forward to inspect the beam. Thanks

Hi mook. I'm the "Gary" that Thommo referred to in an earlier post on this thread. Just in passing I'd like to say that Thommo (59 to his friends) is "one of the good guys" on this board. He helped me A LOT when I first get my 2011 Z6. That being said - I actually did have to pull off the whole rubrail and re-seal all around the "shoe-box" seam of the boat. There was no (none zero zilch caulking of any kind). I was taking on gallons of water, even on plane - because water just kicked up under her fat butt (the boat, not my wife) and flooded everything in the bilge. My wife leaned down in the bilge and watched it flood over the square boxes and screamed for me to go back to the ramp. And this was on our very first happy excursion to the lake with our brand new tricked-out $26000 Z6 Nitro. (I got all the options after a six month wait).

Of course I wrote to the Vice President of Tracker Marine and you know his reply: "I'm sorry for your troubles - please let me offer you a $100 gift certificate to Bass Pro Shops". (chuckles all around)

All that being said .... once I fixed the boat ... I like it. It's a great bass boat and if you need advice on how to get her dry and up to top speed .... chat with "59".

Hi mook. I'm the "Gary" that Thommo referred to in an earlier post on this thread. Just in passing I'd like to say that Thommo (59 to his friends) is "one of the good guys" on this board. He helped me A LOT when I first get my 2011 Z6. That being said - I actually did have to pull off the whole rubrail and re-seal all around the "shoe-box" seam of the boat. There was no (none zero zilch caulking of any kind). I was taking on gallons of water, even on plane - because water just kicked up under her fat butt (the boat, not my wife) and flooded everything in the bilge. My wife leaned down in the bilge and watched it flood over the square boxes and screamed for me to go back to the ramp. And this was on our very first happy excursion to the lake with our brand new tricked-out $26000 Z6 Nitro. (I got all the options after a six month wait).

Of course I wrote to the Vice President of Tracker Marine and you know his reply: "I'm sorry for your troubles - please let me offer you a $100 gift certificate to Bass Pro Shops". (chuckles all around)

All that being said .... once I fixed the boat ... I like it. It's a great bass boat and if you need advice on how to get her dry and up to top speed .... chat with "59".
I just want to say thanks for

to all for the info. I am waiting for the local Bass Pro Shop to call with the paper work for shipping the boat to the factory for repairs. I am letting them do the repair work. I was concerned that if i attempted to do it , it could effect the hull warranty. It will be in Tracker's hands soon. Again......thanks.....its been good to have all of you to help me.

I don't know how to view your pics (or anyone elses) on this site.

Of course I'm an old guy and you're a young Wollongong gangsta so I can only assume the carpet is tricked out to the max. High speed - low drag as we used to say in the Navy.

Thanks again for everything Five-Niner.

Here you go Gary,
Just click on the wording below and it will open for you ;)

Attachments

• USA Trip 2013 Iphone 142.jpg
    USA Trip 2013 Iphone 142.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 267
It was done by www.allmats.com
Toll-free: 1-866-411-6287

I think they are in Georgia. They can embroid any logo or name you want to your sizes, or they can digital print anything including photos into the carpet. I dealt with a guy called Ron LaDew

Latest posts

Back