Water Pressure ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Norman

Reaction score
Ok I got a 2013 Nitro Z7 with a 150 pro xs. 24 pitch tempest prop. With 2 people in the boat tackle and half tank of fuel and half tank of livewells I am hitting about 62-63 gps speed. The dealer says I need at least 15 psi water pressure at WOT I am getting that but I figure with a new boat that I should be getting a little more that that. This is my first boat with a water pressure gauge so I dont really know.

I have the same boat, motor, and prop as you do, and my water pressure at WOT is about 18 psi. With a similar load as you described, my top speed on a calm day is 59 mph at about 5250-5350 RPM's. You seem to be getting good speed. What are your RPM's like? Do you have a jack plate or standard transom mount?

Mike

I am still in the break in period on my motor so honestly have not got wind it out all the way because of the 10 second wot burst that they say do but im about to the point were i can wot for mor than 10 seconds and also im still getting use to the trim deal my old boat only had a 90hp so you just wot and trim till it stop so im still trying to figure Ll that out

but i was about 5200 rpm and i really think it had a little more i do not have a jackplate and i also have alot of my heavy tackle in the back of the boat

From what a Mercury expert told me was that they use a high volume, lower pressure system. IIRC, 12PSI is minimum but 15+ is better. It sounds like you are OK.

IF you want higher water pressure, Mercury makes water inlet scoop kit that should increase it at least 2-3PSI.

RH

Back