Water In Glove Box!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am experiencing a problem on my '01 Nitro 288. When my front livewell has water in it and I am underway, I get water in my glove box! The livewell is in front of the glove box on the boats' passenger side. If anyone else has encountered this issue or knows of a fix, please let me know.
Thank You,
Matthew 20161018_084124.jpg

I would check to see if you are overflowing when you plane up, bad seal or something of that nature.

I have a 2004 288 and have not had that issue.
Nitro 288,
Can you please tell me if you have the problem of having the bow of the boat go under the front roller when loading your boat on the trailer? I've read on blogs that I may be putting the trailer in the water too deep. Have you encountered this with your 288? I am leaving for the lake tomorrow and I will try not putting in too deep, but I'm not too hopeful!
Thank you,
Matthew

i have not had that problem, and as long as the trailer is not to deep the boat should ride up on the bunks and go right on top of the roller.

i have not had that problem, and as long as the trailer is not to deep the boat should ride up on the bunks and go right on top of the roller.[/QUOTEdual]
Nitro 288,
About how far do you put your trailer in the water? Are the wheel fenders just out of the water, or are your wheels about half-way out? Is yours a tandem axle trailer?
Thanks so much! It's great to share information with a fellow 288 owner! And thanks for your prompt reply!
Matthew

I go a little over half on the fenders which also leaves 8 inches on the top of my bunks sticking out of the water and yes I have a duel axel trailer and I have the 2004 with a Merc 200 EFI

Hey Matthew

Just checking to see how things went and if you figured out your problem with the water

Nitro 288,
No, I have not yet had a chance to check out my water problem. Will post when I do. Thanks!

Matt,

Is the water entering the lower compartment (glove box cooler) or the upper compartment (where the stereo deck is located)? If it is the lower this is made to fill with water/ice and self-drain. Does this issue only happen when your bow is lifting from acceleration or while on plane as well? What position is your bow livewell toggle switch in?

You will want to pull out the passenger's foot tray secured by roughly 8-10 Phillips screws. Trace your glove box drain hose to the livewell drain line. It sounds to me like the bow livewell drain line may be plugged downstream of this connection and backfilling up into your glove box.

Hope this helps,

-J

Latest posts

Back