water in boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Wofford

Reaction score
I have a 1999 nitro 912 savage and I'm having issues with getting water in boat. I have tried filling boat with water while on trailer and haven't seen any leaks this way. I also moved all my batteries around to be able to see into bilge area and haven't been able to pin point the leak this way either. I don't know if it helps or not but I'm also getting water in livewells without ever turning pump on. I put a plug in the drain outlet and still had some get in. Any help would be appreciated, I'm pretty stumped at this point.

I would take a good look at the silicone around the rubrail especially at the rear of the boat. If its leaking there you can remove all the old and reseal. The other place to look is the motor bolts. Hopefully its not leaking there. given the year of your boat it might be a good idea to take it to the dealer and get the entire boat resealed(rubrail, motor, transom cap and any other thru hull.

The water in the livewell is almost guaranteed to be coming from the overlfow's. When you back up and sometimes in general water will come thru there. There isnt much you can do about it other than plug that hole as well unless you actually use your livewells.

You plugged the livewell outlet........did you plug the inlet? If you are lucky, it will be livewell plumbing leaking.

On my 911 water was coming in through the livewell inlet on my front, in-floor livewell and it would eventually overflow and end up in the bilge area. I found this by trial and error. Plugged the two rear deck livewell inlets at the transom with screw-on plumbing caps from Lowes: still leaked. Plugged the inlet for the front in-floor livewell:no more leaks. Either broken pump on that one or cable controlled valve isn't closing and is just constantly letting water in. Can't use livewells for now, but plugged up until I fix it right next spring. Just a thought.

Backwash from shutting down. Plumbing. Rubrail. Leaky plug. Transom Bolts. Start eliminating. Most all have been discussed, do a search here for a lot of info. If you can't find it pop back on and ask. Is your rubrail "bumpy as you look down it?

I had a livewell pump fitting leaking and while walleye fishing this spring my wife freaked out because water was coming through the floor drain lol..Next morning found the problem tightend all the fittings added a little compression tape also and now have a dry boat.

I bought myused NX 750 (The Bud Light Can) from the original owner. He told me the boat leaked some, but not that bad. I guessed it was a fitting or a pump. I blocked the live well

Latest posts

Back