Wasp nest under boat cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
I store my boat outside, and for the last couple years have only been using it a couple times a year. With it not moving much, wasps are continually building nests under my cover and under my motor cowl. Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this?

Thanks,

Rich

Spray some wasp spay on a papertowel (wear gloves and saftey glasses) and wipe the inside of the cowl and boat cover with it. doesnt have to be a thick coat. They may still fly in there (They love the heat) but they wont nest. Moth balls also work on spiders. They may also work on wasps?

Max

I've thrown a small Crown Royal bag full of mothballs under the covers of stored boats and my UTV without ever incurring a problem with insects or varmints. Plus, it's an enjoyable way to acquire the bag. :cool::lol:

Tex - The W.A.S.P.s aren't so bad, but the polo horses are making a mess!

Thanks all. I'll try these suggestions, probably all of them. I'm tired of getting stung!

Of course if I used the boat more often, I wouldn't have so much trouble!

So I pulled off the motor cowl to install a new starter and there were 3 nests on the inside of the cowl! How do they squeeze in there? Rotten little bastages.

I might have enough Crown Royal bags for everyone on this site!! I don't accrue as many as I used to, I found out how many calories I was drinking everynight. :eek: I switched to dirty martinis and one night/week. Tanqueray bottles only come in a paper bag.

Latest posts

Back