Warning Horn?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Waldrop

Reaction score
Guys, I have a 2000 Optimax and I'm having a warning horn going off. I have had this motor for about

month.( was a dealer left-over from last year-brand new motor, I did the break in) I have finished with the break-in and that is when the horn started to sound, was on the third time out. . It starts up fine and for the first run she runs great. but when I fish for awhile (30 mins) and start up again and give her gas, just as I go in plane I get the warning horn. I have put a new primer bulb and have checked the oil, which is full. The

small tank inside the crowling was alittle low maybe 4 to 6 ounces,which I filled, thinking that was the cause but she did it again today. Also when I get the horn I let up on the gas and the horn stops. I let up on the gas maybe

twice and she stops then she runs fine until I stop for awhile and it starts all over again.

So guys so long just looking for some help.

Sounds like a TPI fault to me... have a GOOD dealer look at it and adjust the TPI Link and cables to make sure they're properly set

Chris,

Thanks for the reply but what is a TPI? I just want to be sure we are talking about

the same thing. Is it some to do with the Throttle? Thanks Mike

Thanks, Mac

When you say bottle, you mean the one under the crowling on the motor and when you say reservoir you mean the one on the boat. Right? Thanks for the reply

mike

Mac,

Thanks for the input, by the way I took the boat out to my dealer and he said he thinks it's overheating

since the horn is a steady sound and not beep, beep, beep, beep. At WOT is get between 12 to 15 psi

on my water pressure gauge does that sound right? and I also have a steady stream coming from the pee hole. He also said that he should be able to get a code from ECM (computer) so he would know what the cause is.

Again Thanks. Mike

Latest posts

Back