Waders and tube fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
OK Toxic said there had to be a story to my post about the last time tube fishing. It was summer in about 198o something and I was fishing this really good 12 acre pond with my tube and waders. Just killing two pound largemouth on grape flavored Culprit plastic worms I bought from a guy that sold them out of his garage in LakeLand, Florida. I heard a scratching/scraping noise on the tube behind me. I couldn't get turned well but just managed to see the tail of a snake disappear down the back of my waders. I could feel some weight against my bare leg inside the leg of the rubber waders. I was wearing Scuba Pro Power fins and I think I made it to the bank in two seconds while stripping off the waders(a five minute process) in ten seconds. I threw the waders, snake and all into the brush put the tube in my truck and drove home. Tube is still in the attic and I've never fished in tube agin.

There you go Tox. And yes I'm afraid of snakes and the reason for that I'll never post on a public site.:eek::unsure::blink:

fatrap

A co-worker and I were working on a small roof job one day. He was on the roof, I was on the ground. He was very afraid of snakes...I found out he didn't need a ladder. :lol:

BWHAAAAAAAA!!!! I knew it. Kinda like when I grabbed about a 4 foot copperhead (that is HUGE for a copperhead) in the dark off my woodpile thinking it was a piece of wood. I couldn't figure out how come the wood was mushy, then my eyes adjusted...............I didn't have to throw away my underwear..........they blew off on the way to the back door!! After about 1/2 hour and I could breathe again, I went out with a flashlight and there were 2 of them curled up on the top of the woodpile, both about the same size. If it hadn't been so cold, I'm sure one of them would have hit me good. I carefully caught them and drove them out into the woods to let them go. I also have a 6 foot blacksnake that lives under my driveway. She's a sweetheart and is not aggressive. My 10 year old daughter plays with her. Since she's taken up residence, no more copperheads. They won't co-habitate.

TOXIC

I used to fish out of a tube. I would see snakes but a little slap on the water with the rod would usually turn them away. I never had a run in with a beaver :rolleyes: but a friend of mine told me he had had several beaver attacks when he was tubing. He said they are very aggressive and will come right in to the tube with you.

Once loading a boat in the spring and my partner went to relieve himself by a tree on some old reeds. Next thing I know he is running back to the boat with his alter ego still in his hand. I had not clue what was wrong and all he said was "Snakes!" I went by the tree to see what it was and there had to be about 100 or more in a huge slithering pile. They blended in with the reeds and he was actually watering them for a few seconds. I told him they probably thought one of the little young snakes was going to join them!

Still get goose bumps when I think of that!

Randy!

Latest posts

Back