virus from a member of this site

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger Noel

Reaction score
I had a virus intercepted by my ISP today. I just looked up the name of the victim who's email was used to send it, and he is a member here. Watch out for email from unknown persons. The following is the message I got from my ISP with part of the email address deleted, because he has enough problems right now.

V I R U S A L E R T

Our viruschecker found the

W32/Klez.h@MM

W32/Klez.h@MM

virus(es) in an email to you from:

[email protected]

Delivery of the email was stopped!

The ID of your quarantined message is:

virus-20020705-220458-10418

I received the same virus from 2 different people today also, but neither were from this board. My anti-virus program stopped it.

Carli

My only connection to the victim was this site. I am lucky that my ISP, here in the wilderness of northern Wisconsin, was able to intercept it. Now I have to let my brother in Boston know it came from that part of the country.

Roger

I also received a virus today and my McAfee VirusScan Online stopped it. I didn't check to see who it came from, I just deleted it after it was killed.

Bob G.

Remember, the person that sent it doesn't even know he sent it. There are many variants of the Klez virus and all are populated through mail address books without the knowledge of the sender. Good antivirus software that checks incoming and outgoing email is essential.

Russ

The Klez virus is rampant all over the world. Our email server stops about 100 infected emails daily.

What makes it difficult to track is that it spoofs the header. In other words, it can make it look like it came from someone other than the actual user's email it is using.

Jim

i think it might have been me. i had an onknown message and when i tried to delete it before opening it it think i saw a download window flash up real quick and dissapear. i continued to delete and started to get a lot of returned messages. carli and Rbourget are in my address book who are both on this board from time to time. i'm not a wiz at this so i hope i didnt start something. or continued something from somebody else. i used gateway goback to clear mine up. i have norton antivirus but i think it bypassed it. again if it was me it was unintentional. just my inexperiance. thanks stan

I encourage everyone to go to www.antivirus.com and download and run their free antivirus program and then use the "cleaner" they offer...Any questions, just let me know here..
http://www.antivirus.com

I had recived a couple of messages saying that mail was undeliverable that I didnt even send, I did a scan for that viris and it wasnt found,strange. If any one has any links to any scan sights that they have had good luck with please let me know.thanks mike

I have been in contact with the person who "sent" it. According to Symantic, his e mail address could have been borrowed. He does not have the virus, but someone with his address does. Symantic has a very extensive discription here --> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

A few weeks ago, I received two e-mails from:

[email protected]

It came with an attachment..... Don't know if this was a valid address or not - I couldn't open the attachment and when I tried to reply, it came back as undeliverable.

me!

Latest posts

Back