VA tackle trade anyone?

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I live in Hampton Roads Virginia, for those of you that do not know me. I posted this on the BBC website today, and wanted to extend the invitation to all of you as well.

Years ago, a few friends (who have sence moved out of area) and I would get together, bring all our tackle that we weren't using, and do some trading.

Very few rules:

1) Don't bring junk. If it cost .50 in a bargain bin, give it to some neighborhood kid instead. Bring TOURNAMENT tackle that you just aren't using. If the hooks are rusted, take them off and throw them away - no need to replace the hooks (bare lures without hooks are fine for trading), just don't bring a tackle box full of rust with you.

2) No money changes hands - pure trading. You can do 2 for 1, 3 for 1, etc... but do like Hanes furniture store says and "Don't bring money!"

3) Couple of beers, some hot wings, and plenty of "fish tales" told.

So, anyone interested? If I get enough interest, I could set it up at a city park pavillion on picnic tables, or something like that. Heck, we may have more tackle than they did at the last Bassarama if we do this up right.

All the best,

Glenn

I would like to do it but I fear that my OCD would kick in and I wouldn't be able to part with anything~!!!:lol: Why is it that we hoard this stuff? I have plastics from 10 years ago but I just know I will need it someday!!:p I think I need a 12 step program.

TOXIC

Tox...

If you were to ever see my crankbaits all laid out... 6 of each color and size of some (lots).... Hundreds and hundreds of them... And, then there are boxes full of harness blades (spinner blades).... And boxes of beads... how many beads does a man need...

But, anytime I feel bad about my behavior I step into my friends garage and look at a verified count of over 3,600 crankbaits... All inventoried and labeled for "instant access"...

So, no, no rubber room and program yet... at least not for fishing tackle...

Greg,

Are you serious about 3,600 crankbaits!!?? D@mn, that makes me feel alot better!!

Glen, I mght be interested depending on date and location. I'm in Richmond so travel is a little bit of an issue. Thanks for the invtation.

Mike

Mike,

That is not all that uncommon... although Dennis' count is on the high end... A set of trolling baits is usually 4-6.... say there are three sizes, 20 colors that would be just 240-360 baits for something like Liitl' rippers... Imagine how many baits with Wally Divers 2 sizes and 30 colors... After just 10-15 different baits you'd have 3600...

I consistently use about 15 different baits and probably 2 sizes in some and three in others but I have some partiality to only a few colors... But, I am at almost 1200...

Greg,

Thanks for the follow-up. You've got me curious now so I'm gonna count my crankbaits. One question though do I count hard body jerk baits and Rat-L-Traps in this category?

I don't... I have three or four Plano boxes of Rattl- traps (my favorite Bass bait) And some other topwaters... I do fish for bass when Tox comes out here and a few other times... LOL

Latest posts

Back