utltrex

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassin fool

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Nitro Z7. I just swapped out the Fortrex trolling motor for an Ultrex. Unfortunately the foot control doesn't fit in the well flat. I had to build up the well in order for the foot control to lay flat. Is there any way to widen the well?

Can you possibly shim up the bottom of your current tray? This migh allow the unit to fit. It would be slightly higher but that may not be much of an issue. In the Z-18, the tray was wide enough but actually a little too deep for my liking. I wanted to be able to easily touch the control buttoms with my toe. I shimed up about half and inch. Even higher would not have been an issue. You won't have to keep your foot on the pedal so much with the Ultrex- The replacement trays are crazy expensve and the additional cutting and fitting will be a pain.. Just a thought about it..

Can you possibly shim up the bottom of your current tray? This migh allow the unit to fit. It would be slightly higher but that may not be much of an issue. In the Z-18, the tray was wide enough but actually a little too deep for my liking. I wanted to be able to easily touch the control buttoms with my toe. I shimed up about half and inch. Even higher would not have been an issue. You won't have to keep your foot on the pedal so much with the Ultrex- The replacement trays are crazy expensve and the additional cutting and fitting will be a pain.. Just a thought about it..
I did put in a little higher platform in the well so that the unit would sit level and unimpeded but it would be more comfortable to operate sitting all the way down in the well.

Thanks!

Be sure the space drains really well. The foot control should not be floooded at any time due to the electronic parts. I drilled three larger holes in the bottom of mine just to proved thorough drainage from rain water or an occasional swell over the front..

Latest posts

Back