Ultrex Foot Control Recess Tray

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Ganske

Reaction score
I am buying an Ultrex trolling motor for my 2001 Nitro 911 CDC in the near future and will need to install a bigger recess tray for the larger Ultrex pedal. Which tray works best in a Nitro? I currently have a 24 volt trolling motor. Should I step up to the 36 volt? Thanks for any suggestions.

C2E39472-C47C-4E1D-98F3-44AB77EF8F9E.jpeg 98AFFB60-BCC2-4350-9632-8C1DDE2C4AAC.jpeg A46FEECF-FF92-4CF6-ABE5-7E8A8FA216CC.png Here is what I did to my 2006 911 CDC. Found the recess on e-bay for about $80. Removed the front panel to check for wiring and clearance. Taped out the location with masking tape made the cut with a good jig saw. Had recently replaced carpet and had enough left over to carpet the recess. Just didn’t want to step on black medal in SE Ga during the summer! I up graded to an 80 lb Minn Kota and it moves my boat much better than the original 70 did. I contemplated going to a 36 volt but didn’t want the extra weight and expense. And yes it was nerve racking cutting into the deck but all went well Good luck with your project. QUOTE="Daryl Ganske, post: 704979, member: 45422"]I am buying an Ultrex trolling motor for my 2001 Nitro 911 CDC in the near future and will need to install a bigger recess tray for the larger Ultrex pedal. Which tray works best in a Nitro? I currently have a 24 volt trolling motor. Should I step up to the 36 volt? Thanks for any suggestions.[/QUOTE]

View attachment 883 View attachment 884 View attachment 885 Here is what I did to my 2006 911 CDC. Found the recess on e-bay for about $80. Removed the front panel to check for wiring and clearance. Taped out the location with masking tape made the cut with a good jig saw. Had recently replaced carpet and had enough left over to carpet the recess. Just didn’t want to step on black medal in SE Ga during the summer! I up graded to an 80 lb Minn Kota and it moves my boat much better than the original 70 did. I contemplated going to a 36 volt but didn’t want the extra weight and expense. And yes it was nerve racking cutting into the deck but all went well Good luck with your project. QUOTE="Daryl Ganske, post: 704979, member: 45422"]I am buying an Ultrex trolling motor for my 2001 Nitro 911 CDC in the near future and will need to install a bigger recess tray for the larger Ultrex pedal. Which tray works best in a Nitro? I currently have a 24 volt trolling motor. Should I step up to the 36 volt? Thanks for any suggestions.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Don for this info and the awesome pictures! I greatly appreciate the help!

I am buying an Ultrex trolling motor for my 2001 Nitro 911 CDC in the near future and will need to install a bigger recess tray for the larger Ultrex pedal. Which tray works best in a Nitro? I currently have a 24 volt trolling motor. Should I step up to the 36 volt? Thanks for any suggestions.
View attachment 883 View attachment 884 View attachment 885 Here is what I did to my 2006 911 CDC. Found the recess on e-bay for about $80. Removed the front panel to check for wiring and clearance. Taped out the location with masking tape made the cut with a good jig saw. Had recently replaced carpet and had enough left over to carpet the recess. Just didn’t want to step on black medal in SE Ga during the summer! I up graded to an 80 lb Minn Kota and it moves my boat much better than the original 70 did. I contemplated going to a 36 volt but didn’t want the extra weight and expense. And yes it was nerve racking cutting into the deck but all went well Good luck with your project. QUOTE="Daryl Ganske, post: 704979, member: 45422"]I am buying an Ultrex trolling motor for my 2001 Nitro 911 CDC in the near future and will need to install a bigger recess tray for the larger Ultrex pedal. Which tray works best in a Nitro? I currently have a 24 volt trolling motor. Should I step up to the 36 volt? Thanks for any suggestions.
[/QUOTE]

Don, did your boat have any fiberglass braces you had to cut out? My 911 CDC has a fiberglass brace on both sides of the tray that runs from the front of the boat back to a bulkhead that runs across the bow right behind the back seat pedestal holes. I’m scared to cut those braces out to install a recessed tray.

Latest posts

Back