TV18-2000 BOAT REPLACEMENT

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick De Marzio2

Reaction score
Just got a call from Bowers Marine (my Dealer), he was very excited. He just received the replacement boat for my TV18-2000 which was about ready to self destruct with all the aluminum/weld issues. The replacement is a TV-18-2003!!!! and they also replaced the trailer !!!!. This is unbelievable, I was ready to go to war with TRACKER but it doesn't have to happen. TRACKER is the best, they did everything they said they would do and more with no hassel. If IRAQ would do the same thing BUSH we would not have to go to war. I'm waiting for the paperwork i.e. boat registration, trailer registration and etc. before I can pick it up. The dealer was more excited about it then I was. Will give more info when I pick it up. I give a lot of credit to this web site and all the participants that provided key information on the issues with the TV18-2000 with a 150hp.

Good for you, Nick!

I saw my first 2003 TV-18 on Wednesday. You are absolutely going to LOVE that boat! And you're gonna need to go change your member profile now that Tracker did make good.

This is exactly how a boat manufacturer should treat a customer/dealer problem. Fix it to the customer's satisfaction. That doesn't always mean giving a guy a brand new replacement boat, but it does mean that your goal is to fix it so that the customer is just as excited and enthusiastic as Nick (and apparently his dealer!). For me, it was getting a 24-hour turnaround on a defective livewell timer switch.

(Oh my, what will the BFHP guys do if they EVER hear a story like THIS?????? They'll self-destruct!)

We should all flood Tracker with "Job Well Done" messages!!

Mo,

That actually is a very good idea. We all sent e-mails to help solve aproblem last year. We really should let them know we are still here...still "doggin their trail" But with good words when deserved.

Nick, how about it... Should be your call... But, if you post a "want thank you" sent I certainly will. If it is it should be to Nathan Long and Company in Customer Service

That's excellent news.......glad it worked out for you!!

Enjoy the new boat!!

Mac

Congrats, nice to hear a good outcome to a problem.(Almost makes me wish my transom would fall off! Of course a glass boat is so strong that would never happen LOL) Cudo's to Tracker.

Gene

That's what finally happened to me(new boat 185) but, not that easy. I had a little more convincing to do but, am really glad they took care of you. So far everybody that I know with legitiment problems... Tracker HAS stepped up to the plate....just a liitle quicker for some.

TEE

congrats on the boat! guess your insurance is going to go up now :) hope that paperwork doesn't take too long as it would drive me crazy knowing it is just sittin there at the dealer.

jd

Having been one to send e-mails when they've goofed.....

I would also like to send one saying "Nice Job!"

me!

Great news Nick I am very glad to hear you were able to get fixed up. You must have a great dealer. Too bad TRACKER don't fix things to every customer's satisfaction.

Excellent news Nick!

I'd take my hat off to Tracker, but it's too cold here!

I'm gonna watch my transom this season...

I hope I don't have any trouble with my 90...

az

Nick,

Congratulations buddy. I got word about 2 weeks ago that mine has been repaired and they are just waiting for a truck going to Auburn Hills to load it up and send it back. I have no idea what they did to my transom, or my hull leak in order to fix it and they would'nt/could'nt divulge that for some reason. So I wait and hope....and will finally find out when it arrives.

Yes, I would like to send them "a job well done" but I don't know who to send it to. Maybe you guys can help with some suggestions. The Dealer plays no part in the decision making, it is all up to the Warranty Dept. at TRACKER. It is very true that they don't divulge any information to the Dealer nor the customer.

Scott...

"HELP"... did you "save" Nathan Longs e-mail addy or do we do a bigtime search here for the thread...?

Nick,bought my boat at bowers great bunch of people.Congratulations....

I have fished tour. for 15 yrs. and also own a 94 Skeeter

bass boat. I bought my 4th tracker last year in Jan. and ended up with a headache that no one should have. I had a

total of 16 different problems with the boat. Granted, most of them were minor, but should never have been on a brand new boat. The main problem with the boat is that it has a hook in the hull that will not let the boat come up on plane. When I went to my dealer about this problem, they had me leave the boat and took it out for a test ride.

After this, they checked the bottom and found the hook at the back of the boat. Tracker said they wanted the boat back to evaluate the problem. Aug. 19, 2002 boat dropped off at dealer, boat returned first part of Dec. I got ahold of a work report that said it had a broken stringer and that they could not get the hook all the way out. The

stringer was replaced and the boat returned to the dealer

with the hook still in the hull. I will not sign for the boat from the dealer because the boat has not been fixed.

I have letters from Tracker that state the boat will be repaired or replaced. Now, when I contacted Sandy at Tracker all she would say was "caused by impact". The hook is from beam to beam and not bow to stern. If any one

out there has had problems with their tracker, no matter when, E-mail me so I can give as much information as possible to my attorney. I am demanding either a new boat or all of my money back. I also am a Viet Nam vet and not

afraid of a fight with tracker and I will do what ever it takes to win. If I have to I will contact every local T.V.

and newspaper I can and attend every boat show possible and

tell people not to buy a tracker product.

If you have had a nightmare with Tracker, let me know at

[email protected] or [email protected]

I will get it at either one. I think if we can show the way Tracker treats their customers, we can get the state and federal general attornies to start an investigation into the consumer fraud that exists when they will not honor their warranty.

Hey Bob,

Good luck with your crusade against Tracker.

Now, why don't you tell us about how much you liked your previous Trackers? You've owned enough of them. You must have liked something since you kept going back. Right??

I'm sure it's frustrating to you that things aren't going your way but to dig up 2 year old threads just looking for problems is a little extreme. While you're at it, see if you can get a class action suit for the transfer case and front differential that I had to put in my 1991 GMC Truck. Oh never mind, that was because I went from 4 hi to 4 low at 45MPH.

Marke

Well Bob if you go back and read something's I have had to say about TRACKER (try to get satisfied) customer service, you will find that when I got my 2001 TV-18 it was a lemon also but in the state of Texas there are no lemon laws so Tracker new they didn't have to do anything for me except fix it and they will but that means you have to leave it at a repair shop, 90 days the first year and counting!!!!

I have now discovered a leak. LOL SORRY GUYS BUT TRACKER SUCKS , but I love my boat :) I just got a lemon. Bob e-mail me I will give you all my info and join you if I can help.

I don't have a good service center near me so I am Screwed.

And the dealer I bought it from sucked also.
http://www.nitroowners.com/shared/libraryselect.asp

WOW great for you Nick and others with luck with TRACKER! Now im sorry I read this as I now feel totally like I was kicked to the curb by TRACKER.

All the crap that was and is wrong with my boat and they just more or less told me tough crap!

I guess I should have wrote a nice long letter telling them how I am not retired, have no savings(gave it all to TRACKER),not a 3 figure income,have no lemon law in TX ...... Oh OH Oh I did, that is why I got kicked to the curb. Sorry guys I didn't get to chat with Mr. Nathan Long and I am not at all satisfied with the boat from the factory nor am I satisfied with the work that was done at both service centers. And I am not satisfied with having a boat that has had so many things wrong within the first year.

I have no dealer to back me so here I am to

TELL THE WORLD IN MY EYES TRACKER SUCKS.

Charlie

214-280-3474

ps I didn't get any help from my friends here either.:)

Latest posts

Back