TV-18 WARPED FUEL TANK

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Nethaway

Reaction score
I have a TV-18 and it had a warped fuel tank, it was empty (as in ran out) and it only took 28.5 gal.

So TV-18 owners if your gauge is not working and your srevice tec. claims he adjusted it,... have someone look at the tank. mine was like it was sucked in.

PS I would like to know how many of you men and women have got a gas shower when fueling tour TV-18 or other rear fill boats ??? environmently friendly??? LOL good day !

Your tow vehicle spews out more environmentally un-friendly crap on the way to and from the lake than an occasional gas over-fill,...get over it!!!..

Take the other TV-18 owner's advice and twist the gas pump handle slightly so it follows the contour of the hose,...no more spills!!...fill a gas tank is NOT rocket science!!

Is your vent cap for the tank open?

It's the little, bottle cap sized plastic thing on the side of the boat opposite the fuel fill cap. If it's not open, back pressure during filling will cause fuel to spray out.

AND..... If it and the fuel cap were shut..... The suction caused with the motor pulling fuel from the tank and/or temperature changes could be what caused your tank to collapse.

me

The 896, TF 1800, Ranger 518's all do it too. Those are the only one's I've ever gassed up, but they all do it too! Open the bilge hatch and watch the gas level so it doesn't blow out at you. Slow down when it nears the top!

Charlie - When I suggested you come join us after posting on the BFHP, it was because this is the best and friendliest website on the internet. Also the BEST for getting straight scoop and honest (not always what you want to hear) advice and a great group of folks.

That said, starting out with "environmently friendly??? LOL good day !" doesn't set a good tone. I see you had a problem with your tank, so tell us what happened and what Tracker or your dealer did/did not do to help? Was the boat under warranty? There are a LOT of TV-18 owners on this site, some with 150's in early models that have transom problems, some with new ones with no problems. Read Rich's statement on the home page:

Ground rules and guidelines for fair play: The primary mission of this website is to promote information sharing and enjoyment of Nitro and Tracker boats. Inevitably, we will discuss flaws in Tracker Marine products. That

Mr. Nethaway:

My TV-18 did this ONCE, when I first bought it. So have all of my other boat's gas tanks, my lawn mower gas tank, my power weed eater gas tank...

If it concerns you that much, I would suggest standing close to the nozzle as you do your fueling and listen to the sound of the tank filling up. You'll be able to hear the gasoline as it starts to come up the fill hose and you can manually stop the pump. Twisting the nozzle 90 or 180 degrees also works, but listening to the sound is the most effective method I've come across.

If your tank ran dry and only took 25.5 gallons to fill, and if it looks like it has been sucked in, I would be looking at the pressure release valve or vent system. Something isn't allowing the system to equalize pressure as you use up your fuel. That may also be the primary reason you are getting the overflow, too.

Finally, one of the reasons Tracker boats are priced so economically is that they utilize standard third-source components. Your TV-18s gauges and steering system are manufactured by Teleflex. Your seat posts and pedestals are Swivel-eze. Your navigation lights and bases are made by Perko. The fuel tank and delivery system are also third-source, and are not engineered, designed or manufactured by Tracker Marine.

So, please continue to be careful when you're filling your boat's gas tank, and please don't assume that if you have a problem it is entirely the fault of Tracker Marine.

Oh, and as Trep said, welcome to the best boating board on the internet - BAR NONE!!!

Charlie,

One more chance for a welcome to this site...join us, play nice, contribute intelligently, or STAY THE HELL AWAY!!!

...and don't forget...

KEN AND MAC---BETTER THAN CRACK!!!

Charlie, I have a PT 175 and when I fill at a service station I also get better results by orienting the fill nozzle around 180 deg. and filling slowly and steadily. My first time I filled I encountered a similar problem. Luckly not to your extent. I was ready for it because it was something I got prior notice from because of this site. I also had some issues with Tracker. They for the most part are not very receptive about anything. Most issues I've handled myself. But, I must say I really enjoy my PT 175. I'm fishing alone for the most part and love the room. Knowing now when I bought it. I should have bought the PT 185. I had some crap in the beguinning to deal with, but for the last (2) years I've had no hull or engine problems.

Gentleman does this mean I am no longer to say TIN RULES..

or glass is past and TIN IS IN..I think if fiberglass was such a great vessell (sorry about the spelling) then should you not be able to buy BEER in fiberglass containers? OOPPS I forgot fiberglass is non-recylable just like syrafoam..

Joking of course.

BF

tin is the way of the future!

meanwhile,the fuel fill necks should be a straight shot to the tank.the vent on the other hand is a diffrent story.they should have a anti-backflow valve on them.this prevents gas(liquid) from coming out but lets the tank breathe.

ive kind of changed things around on mine,the vent was on the slant,the fill is on the flat,i changed the vent so it is on the flat.it is a straight shot up,no bends or loops for fuel to pool up in.it works good,no problems with fuel gushing back out the fill hose,or the vent.

as others have said,maybe the problem is your vent is closed,or possibly plugged.try and unscrew the plastic cap off the vent and see if there is something plugging it at the cap.maybe take the fuel fill cap off and blow a little compressed air in it.see if it is free and clear.

i had a tx-17 and that filler took the gas really well,just have to keep checking the vent,and listen to the sound of the gas going into the filler neck.

welcome to the site here.us tin guys all stick together!! right greg! there is a few of us magna series boats around here.those fiber guys are just jealous of us!

Thanks for all the welcome's and please realize that I do love the tv-18 but mine is a lemon and tracker didn't help. All I can do now is hope that BPSOW Grapevine,TX can fix it all up. I do have the pro plus ext. warranty for four more years, I will look for a vent valve when my boat comes home, I thought the vent was in the cap. I was standing close to the boat to listen for fuel coming up the fill tube and to late the nozzle shut off and then swoosh a gas shower and I am not the only one with this problem.

It is to bad that we have to figure out how to fuel our boats without getting doused, how much would it cost to fix this problem??? it seems like there would be some federal regulation on this, they make car manufactures fill friendly and gas pumps are all beefed up... hum no lemon laws and no fuel reg's.....

Oh ps hey everyone

look to the right of your screen at the picture,the small round headed cap is the vent.it is small,about the size of a half dollar.mine used to be under the fuel fill in the slant,till i changed it due to battery placement.i had the open hole due to removal of the oil tank fill neck,figured it was a good place to stick it.

the dealer should have walked you through the operation of the boat,mine did on both of the boats i had.
fuellines.jpg

I dont have that, my boat is a 2001 "special edition" (witch means nothing acording to a salesman) but beleave me mine is special, I have a flip up gas cap and if i remember rite the vent is in the cap I will see soon. thanks for your reply Magna19

Charlie -

It should be something that the dealer covers when they deliver the boat to you..... BUT.....

This is one of those misunderstandings that show up repeatedly. I know that, when I took delivery of my first boat, it wasn't explained to me by the dealer. I would assume that it is just one of those things that almost every dealer overlooks. I learned only from experience as I am sure most out there do.

Note to Dealers: Don't overlook the little stuff in the Owner Orientation.

Welcome to the Board!

me!

me!

The TV-18 (at least the 2000 model) does not have a separate gas vent on the exterior of the boat.

az

So.....

Is the vent in the cap?

Who is the manufacturer of the cap/fueling system?

me?

P.S. to Charlie - It would seem that you have a number of "difficulties" with your boat. I certainly understand your frustration and why you would single out the fuel system. I've fished from and ridden in (Wasn't allowed to drive!) MOFish's TV-18; it is one very fine rig when things work right! Your's will get there!

P.P.S.

When MO and I go out after walleye, I WILL allow him to drive my boat!

Scott-

I'm pretty certain it's in the filler cap...

Take a look in my library...you can see some pics of it.

az

Scott, I don't want to drive your boat, at least on the Big Muddy anyway! And the next time we're out in my boat (Special Needs 2003?) you can drive. I never said you couldn't!

I looked for a separate fuel vent last night and didn't see one (doesn't mean it isn't there). Andy may be right; it may be built into the cap. Charlie makes a good point, though; why not install a check valve?

Charlie, what I meant by listening while fueling is that you should't lock the fill handle in place while gas is being pumped. YOU should be holding the fill handle in place. Then, as you hear gas begin to flow up the pipe, you can let go and stop the flow. I never trust the automatic shut-off when filling my boat.

MO -

Special Needs 2003 - YES! Let me know when! I will be there - with Boat!

And you can drive my boat anywhere! You can't do anything to it that I haven't done or won't do in the future! The Mississippi is easy - all you got to do is keep between the red and green bouys..... Watch out for barges..... Dodge floating trees..... Stop to pick up an ocassional "floater".....

:^)

me!

P.S. Don't let me get to you with the joking about not getting to drive your boat! That weekend was one of the most memorable I've had in years! Right up there with fishin' with Rich and Trep and being out-fished by Kym!

If memory serves me right, the next group will be hearing-impaired Scouts from the Missouri Deaf Institute. They're a GREAT group of kids, and love to fish. MDI teaches them to read lips, and some have audio-enhancement devices, so sign-language skills aren't required.

It's those floating trees (deadheads?) that scare me. That and accidentally running over a submerged jetty. No, if anyone should break or sink your boat it should be you.

I know I posted to this thread yesterday....Lost in cyber space somewhere??

Anyway, the vent on the TV-18 IS built into the cap.

Flip up the cap and there is a small knob that reads "Unscrew to clean screen". There is a small filter screen than can get clogged.

Charlie, check the screen. Mayber your tank isn't getting any air flow. Lack of air flow would certainly cause your gas tank to cave in. Just by the design of the tank (approx 50"x26"x6" deep)that's a lot of surface area to which pressure can be applied if your tank isn't breathing.

The more I think about it, I'm going to check my tank as soon as my boat gets here. When I've filled up I too put in around 20+ gallons and just figured "I have had more left in there than I thought". Then again, I have NEVER run out of gas either.

Stay tuned.

Marke

ok now you guys see in not just a nut bag lookin to slam Tracker I have lots more to share and this may be a good place for me to find someone to teach me how to catch walleye I love then but i live in Dallas and have to go to okla. to find them, and dont do so well even with a guide.

all you guys with a tv-18's need to check your tank I noticed that the fuel gauge says full then real quick drops to 1/2 then acts kinda normal after that.... so if yours does that look extra hard.

now im at 70 days in the shop 1st year.

dallas is going to the high 40's tonight.

it must be wild to ride a river, I have never been in much current. I grew up 4 blocks from the Mohawk in north NY but never had a boat back then, a fast flowing river......oh you would need a bigger motor that will tear the hell out of your transom LOL LOL :).

well,welcome aboard.we all probally have had a problem with tracker once or twice in our lifetimes with our boats.i can honestly say i have.but hey thats the pleasure of owning a boat(Break Out Another Thousand)!!

He, He, Ha, Ha, Ho, Ho, ---

So, what's the difference between nasty "stress cracks" and transoms fallin' off? Simple, I can still use my boat. He, He, Ha, Ha, Ho, Ho, ....

Tin is in?

Tin to win?

Sounds to me like Tin is thin.

Just me TOXIC rubbin' a little Senko Salt in an open wound!!

MO, as long as you stay between the bouys, you won't encounter any jetties. However..... When you get outside the channel, it can become hazzardous..... A good Corps of Engineers map is a MUST - but they are still constantly adding..... The trick is to simply SLOW DOWN TO A CRAWL out of the channel and watch you depth finder.

Charlie, the "pooled" sections of the Mississippi are wonderful areas! (As long as the river is at "normal" levels.) The dams slow the current down and the higher levels form lots of out-of-the-way spots to fish! The tips of the wing dikes and tail waters of the dams hold huge fish!

I have ventured out a couple of times on the river below St. Louis where there are no dams..... THAT is SCARY! The currents and turbulance are soemthing else..... I felt overwhelmed in my 17 1/2' Nitro 180..... Haven't been out in the larger boat - but then I can't think of any reason that I really want to try it.

As I said before, I spent several years fueling all kinds of boats while being employed at a Marina. All makes of boats have their special little ways about them and every boat owner I have known has had some kind of "problem" with their boat(may it be big or small). All I can say is "Welcome to the world of boat owners!" If it is not something that needs fixed it is usually something you want to add, and they both cost you money!!!!

Welcome aboard Charlie!

Tim

My little boat has a 15Gal tank, with a seperate vent right beside the fill cap on the outside.. When I fuel, I usually run the gas pump at WOT and I can hear and feel the air whizzing out of the vent.. It's a good vent, no doubt! :)

However, when it hits full, IT'S FULL! Hehehe.. The first time I filled it, I expected I'd hear the fuel begin to back up in the filler neck and would have time to stop.. Nope, it was like sssssswwwwwiiiSSSHHHHHDROWN. LOL!

Nowadays, I usually keep the fuel gauge on while I'm filling and when it hits F, I back off the pump a little and listen HARD.. I've only been doused that once, and that was ENOUGH!

That said, I can only imagine what a PITA it must be to fuel up if your boat has a not-so-great venting system.. I feel your pain! :(

I got my boat back yesterday and took it back to the shop today after I spent 4 hrs cleaning it I went to the lake this morning to find that the new fuel tank wont let me prime any fuel and the oil res. leaked all over again.

I hate this boat !!!!

Anyone who buys a Tracker is a fool !!!

Charlie, it sounds to me that have a poor dealer with techs that don't know or don't care about what they are doing.

I live in dallas and bps tracker service here should be good but I dont think they are any better than Dusty Rhoades in Tyler tx they both talk big but just dont produce very much JUST LIKE TRACKER CUSTOMER SERVICE !!

Ya know what Charlie, there comes a time when (and don't take this wrong) you outta just sell your Tracker and go buy a Lund or Crestliner or whatever you want. I'm not saying you aren't welcome here and I'm sure the board would be more than happy to point you in the right direction to catch some 'eyes or whatever you want to fish for no matter what boat you choose to fish from. I just think that for whatever reason (and very possibly no fault of your own) you have such a negative opinion of your boat and Tracker that short of a new rig, I don't think you will be happy. It's fine to vent and even get tips here on here to fix lots of problems but basiclly, we all like our boats and don't have a totally jaded attitude twords Tracker/NITRO. Just my opinion, it's worth what you paid for it.

TOXIC

Charlie -

Personally, if everything is as you say, then I think you got piss-poor service from the Dealer.

Post his name here. He'll find out immediately what it means to do shoddy work in today's market with the availability of the internet.

The TV-18 is a wonderful boat!

He should have seen to it that you have the opportunity to experience it at it's best!

me!

Mr. TOXIC I wish I could sell this boat But unfortunately I would have to take a loss of about $6K and it is only 1 year old. and like I said I do like this boat but I think the quality of the components used could be of at least good quality and the same for the two dealer service centers. Just to make a point if you take a look at most of the tracker boats and really look at the components, they are all just the cheapest you can find..... all the way up to the trolling motor and depth finder (on a new avalanche it is a $80 humminbird) I love the style, all welded, deep v and ride, but if you knew what I have been through you would understand.....isn't that right sandy?

I just want a good boat and there is nothing I can do about the deprecation. So I hope it is correct when I get it back this time and as far as the dealer that worked on it last I think that it would be unfair to slam him just yet he is getting a third chance and he has my boat and I do want it back :)

I will tell you all that the sale and first service was with Dusty Rhodes in TX and the job the tech. did on the boat was down right ugly the guy should find a new line of work. OK now if you want to hear more just let me know I have had 1 full year of Tracker experience that I hope you guys don't experience in the life of your tracker.

Feel free to take a gander at some of the photos of my gripes
http://www.nitroowners.com/shared/memberlib.asp?PageTitle=The Nitro/Tracker Owners Web Site

I am so sorry that you had this experience.....

Even though I have had excellent luck with the two Nitro's I have owned, stories like this have an accumulative effect.

And the old adage about "one bad apple spoils the whole bunch" does apply. This one dealer's actions will carry over to the reputation of Tracker and all their GOOD Dealers.....

me

Charlie,

CARLOS OPINION FOLLOWS: Sometimes you may have to take a loss and just move on so that you have at least a piece of mind. I have done that and been better for it. Maybe you need to reconsider the keeping of the boat and consider selling, even at a loss. How much in time, frustration is 6k really worth in this life?

Carlos

the components arent the cheapest they can find.they can be bought by anyone,even ranger,triton,and so on.they put on the basic finder and trolling motor knowing all well people upgrade things as time rolls on,maybe some people can afford to upgrade there stuff,some cant right at time of purchase.my boat came with no(thats right NO) finder,or trolling motor,i put a eagle and a motorguide on it.they both (well 1 died) till this past season,and 1 (finder) is still on the boat now.if they are cheap components,then why did i pick them off the shelf and have them installed?

as for the chips and such,my boat for a few yrs was spitting chips and small pieces of foam out.trust me you can never(thats right NEVER) get all the chips out of a boat,they hide everywhere.air pressure blowing them out,doesnt work,sweeping doesnt work either.

for your rails,if they arent gouged deep,some fine steel wool buffs scratches out nicely.we had a guy who has a 22 ft van body with stainless steel side skins,door panells and such wanted the side rails(aluminum)polished to the same shine as the sides.have you ever polished aluminum with deep scratches and a few gouges with #oo steel wool?4 people,8 hrs each to do the top and bottom rail,but boy did it look good,a coat of clear over it kept it shinny for yrs to come.

if on the other hand,youre not happy,eat the 6k and sell it,mayb4e someone will be happy with the boat,and buy what you want.

Charlie:

After looking at your photos, I can see why you'd be upset. I would strongly recommend that you file a complaint through your Better Business Bureau. If I took my boat in for service and it came back looking like yours did, I'd be p.o.'d beyond BELIEF.

If you haven't done it already, click on RESOURCES+ on the menu at left and fill out a Dealer Report Card.

I want to assure you that this is not the way my TV-18 came from the factory. My second console was NOT broken when I picked my boat up. My fuel tank has not collapsed. Just looking at your boat makes me angry with your dealer.

I also have to disagree that the components used are the cheapest. They are popular products (Attwood, Perko, Moeller, Rule, Swivl-eze, Fulton, Wesbar, Teleflex) with good reputations. And I know that finding replacement parts will be easier over having something custom made just for my brand of boat.

If I were in your shoes, I'd think hard about taking the 6K loss and buying a different brand of boat - just for the peace of mind. You didn't get a lemon, you got crappy dealer service. A GOOD, reputable dealer would've corrected every single problem to higher standards than what you've received. They've given you poor service, frustration and disappointment, and a boat that you'll regret owning every time you take it out.

Gentlemen,

Most of us are in no way able to afford to take a $6,000.00 loss on a boat.

me

I guess some of you guys just don't get it, so let me explain myself again.

I love the TV-18.

I cant afford to take a 6k loss.

Trade in on a 2001 TV-18 is about 9k in good shape.

Now that mine has been cut,scratched,stained,1/2

recarpeted, 3 new livewell pump/valves,new water

pressure gauge,trim sending unit, fuel tank,new battery

and more, I don't know what they would give me for it.

I did get very bad service from the selling dealer Dusty Rhodes in TX.

No you can't rework the scratches in the finish on a 2001 rail. (look at the pictures)

I have been round and round w/Tracker and am now considering retaining a attorney.

And I do think that the components used may be from a good company BUT are most likely the lower end like the H bird and MotorGuide. They just replaced my water pressure gauge due to moisture in it. (and yes I know how they work)

Carlos and toxic if you have 6k to throw away I have a boat I will sell you, and if you don't like what you read please don't read my posts, I don't BS and every thing I have posted is real.

Also keep in mind that the pictures I posted were from the second service shop and that is at a BassProShop, there is no excuse for returning my boat the way they did but I do understand that the person in charge might have not looked at it. I don't have much choice for service.

Thanks to all who care and understand.

ps MOfish I did get a lemmon, from the factory there were lots of things wrong. I told the very sexy voice at Tracker that now I know why they wouldn't replace my boat, there are lots of other Trackers in worse shape than mine like broken transoms and welds, send it back to the factory for months and hope it comes back ok.

Gentlemen -

Please re-think your reactions to Charlie's issues.....

Right from the start, he stated that he loved his boat.

Right from the start, the boat had a myriad of problems.

I think that we may have given Charlie a less-than-warm reception because one of his first "vents" on this board was about fuel spilage. We saw this as being petty; it was really just his frustrations finally coming to the surface.

Assuming everything we have been told is accurate - and I have seen no reason to doubt it..... If I owned the factory that produced this boat, there is no way in the world that I would want such a sorry example of my product on display for all to see. I would replace it and destroy the hull.

me

scott,i agree,but does the heiarchy at tracker think that?if we all who have had problems with tracker got our boats replaced,then the price would be a lot higher than they are right now.

im not being nasty,sometimes you have to look at another point of view.being on that side(customer)and where i work(service side)we have dealt with this in many diffrent ways,some being offering a tradeup with no depreciation,or repairing it to the customers sadisfaction,which sometimes is physically impossible!

remember what i went through?i still have it,and will keep it for quite a few yrs to come.look beyond the problems,and look at the good in it.look at ways to make it better!

well,got to get,wind went through here and took the tarp off the boat,the camper,and the greenhoust which is 8x10x8 high is laying on its side!not a pretty site either!

How come when I clicked on the link to see Charlies photo's it directed me to MY Library??? It was frightening to click on Charlie's link and see pic's of MY family in MY boat...

charlie,the picture of the welds,what are they of?havent seen the inside of a tv-18?they look ok to me,good penetration,and fill.

a lot of the items that you mentioned are not manufactured by tracker,they are built by companys that supply parts to other boat manufacturers,such as ranger,triton,and so on and so on.these are the same items that in other boats would go bad also,not just tracker/nitro boats.ive been hearing about ranger and tritons having problems with parts also.these boats are supposed top of the line boats and they have problems also!

The pictures of the welds are under the deck where they replaced the warped fuel tank.

I know these components are available on the shelf at BPS and if you look they are mostly the cheapest on the shelf I guess that way they will last at least through the warranty period.

I am planning on keeping this boat unless a attorney thinks they can do something. This boat has been in the shop for about 95 days in its first year and counting.

I told Tracker that in all reality if they replaced this boat and dumped this one, what would they lose... if I paid 16,5 it must have cost them 5k to build it so they lose 5k and they have a very happy Tracker owner but I guess they cant afford to take a loss like that(and neither can I)and would rather have me tell my great experience to all who care to know.

I told them I would advertise where ever I could but I guess they think that little ol me can't hurt their reputation but I have already discouraged a few from buying a Tracker, so on I go. Chatting at the boat ramps and the Internet goes a long way. Wait until I paste lemons all over the side of this boat and a big sign telling my story and parade it around the Dallas and Fort Worth boat shows and BPS. I wonder if they will like that. all in all I love the TV-18 but the one I have is a piece of S and it looks like they don't care and there probably nothing I can do about it except keep taking it back to the shop.

I keep this boat very clean all the time and would have liked to be able to (if I wanted to) sell it like some others and say mint condition but there is no way I could do that now. NOT TO MY FAULT.

Magna19 yes the welds do look ok to me also

But does anyother 2001 have them.

I guess im special. LOL sorry I havent been fishing in about two months.

Charlie, all I can say is that I'm sorry you're having these problems. This is the kind of stuff that gives Tracker Marine a really bad reputation, and I think that in this case they deserve it. I'll defend the quality of my boat, but there is no way I or anyone else can say that you got a quality product.

But what really frosts me is how shoddy the repair work has been done. There is just no excuse for that.

So again, file a complaint with the Texas Better Business Bureau. Have them get involved so that additional documentation exists. If they can't help you get an acceptable resolution, then go ahead and retain a lawyer. From what you've described and from the pictures you've shown, I believe you would have a very strong case. So strong that Tracker may just decide to settle out of court. It would certainly cost them less money to replace your boat than to go through a lengthy legal process. At $200 an hour, it would only take 75 to 80 hours (2 weeks) worth of legal fees to eat up the cost of a replacement hull or replacement boat.

Good luck.

Scott - I partly agree with you. If I owned the factory, I'd replace Charlie's boat, but I'd put his current hull through every engineering, metallurgy and stress test known to man to see what caused it to fail. Then I'd take what I'd learned and put it to use on every boat that was built thereafter. That's the only way to be certain these kinds of problems don't repeat themselves. This kind of stuff causes lost revenue through lost boat sales. They'd better their profit margin by learning from these kinds of situations - and they'd really help their own customer service reputation which is their biggest competitive weakness. (I don't really want to re-hash this discussion, but there it is.)

You're quite right, MO, I was being a bit over-dramatic!

The factory should check their production logs; find out who was on the team building the boat. Who was responsible for QC and final inspection.

Sales should have parameters in their Dealer Contracts that stipulate parameters that must be met in a Dealership's Service Department. If these parameters are not met, pull the contract.

The Dealership should have enough pride to be sure that the work they put out is done properly and the boat returned to the owner in better condition than when they got it.

Charlie should NOT be the one to bear the burden for poor workmanship by those he trusted to get the job done right.

me

Something else you guys should know is that you have not heard all the things that have or have tryed to be fixed, there is alot more than just the few items I have told ya'll about.

oh and the new fuel tank, when I filled it I turned the nozzel around and on slow but it still spewed fuel all over the boat just as it shut off and only took 36.6 gal in the 41 gal tank and im sure the shop didn't put any in it (what happen to the aprox. 20gal that was in the old tank?).

thanks for your support and suggestions

Charlie -

I hope that, regardless of the outcome, you'll continue to stick around this board.

We'd enjoy having you!

me!

Charlie,

I said not to take it wrong and you went ahead and did it anyway, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but there are ALWAYS three sides to every story...Yours, theirs, and the truth. Until I hear from the dealer I can't judge them or you. Wouldn't do it anyway. Get an attorney and go to court if you think you have been treated that bad and have such a bad boat. What is stopping you? Any attorney fees will be paid by the loser...so is it put up or shut up time? If you feel that strongly about it, get an attorney and let a judge decide (impartial third party). Sure beats endless hours of complainin to a bunch of guys who can do nothing put pat you on the back and say sorry. By the way, I do hope you win.

TOXIC

I have my TV-18 back and I will be on the water in the morning keeping my fingers crossed. It looks great they repainted the rail's from the councel's back, r/r battery charger, cleaned out bilge got most of the rust out, replaced the oil cap and maybe the tank(paper don't say that but the dude there said he thinks they did) and a new cover for my motor(oil soked).

So I am as happy as a TV-18 owner today.

Go look at my library I have pictures of the 2003 TV-18.

ps I also saw a new tundra 18' wow what a nice boat for you guys in the great lakes.

want pictures?

Glad to hear that the dealer finally took the responsibility to get the job done right!

Enjoy!

me!

OK guys check this out, I got my boat back and was so happy everything looked great the siderail was painted and everything else was looking real good.

I went out on the lake sunday and filled the live well and about an hr. later I went to put a fish in and noticed the water running over the edge and looked harder wow the new rivits had pulled through the plastic and was filling the boat I quickly turned on the bilge pump and pumped about 3min. of water (30 gal?) so it is off to the shop again now at about 95days in the shop in the first year. I love TRACKER !!!
Dsc00001.jpg

Oh my, just when you think it can't get any worse. Make em' take it back and give you a new boat. When is enough enough.

TOXIC

Agreed.

Enough is enough.

Tracker Customer Service,

PLEASE put an end to this.....

Thanks!

me!

Yowza. Tonight I'm going to figure out a way to through-bolt my livewell to keep this from happening. How those little rivets can hold up the weight of 26 gallons of water -- or water and fish -- is beyond me. The engineer who designed that should go back to college or get into a different line of work, and the supervisor who approved that design should be fired.

That's inexcusable.

Dear Tracker Marine: Please set things right with Charlie. For him, for us, and most of all for the good of your own reputation. Most of us love our Tracker boats, but situations like Charlie's hurt YOUR potential to sell more boats.

Unbelievable!! Charlie I don't know what to tell you.

I'm speechless now.

remember that the rear deck was taken off and the frame was cut to remove and replace the fuel tank so I guess the blame would be on the person that put it back together.

I think they tried to use the same holes that they drilled out and should have put a washer (steel so they would rust like the screws in the carpet on the deck) on the back side.

the original installation might have been good but then who knows.

hey just one more thing that can go wrong.

thanks for all the support

Ps if you haven't read some of the things I have had wrong check out this link

Charlie
http://www.wmi.org/sql_messages_htm...26&ini=d:asp_inioats_motors_3way.ini&no_nav=

Just thought I would bring this subject to the top for all the new folks and the guys and gals looking to buy a TRACKER I have had a nightmare with my TV-18 and now it is leaking (pictures coming soon) and the livewell is still hanging. It was in the shop for about 90 days last year.

Multiple problems right from the day I got it and then it only got worse thanks to two service departments that are not very detail orented (texas). guess I could haul the boat to the the shops up north:)better yet do it myself.

well.........................

Charlie

Latest posts

Back