Trying to remove decking

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Zerinskas

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Pro Deep V Tracker and am trying to solve a livewell leak. I need to remove the decking above the livewell and battery area. Anybody know how to remove the decking?

Why do you need to take it out? If you are trying to get to the pumps, I have not heard that you need to remove the decks.

The leak seems to be at the base of the "Minnow Keeper" livewell. I can see the parts but am not able to get to them.

I'll let someone with more experience on your hull answer like Greg Meyer or Magna if they are watching....I'm a glass guy because we all know that the Green Stump Carp won't bite lures thrown from tin!!:lol: Dem bassus juss luv sparkles.

Uh oh, here we go again. :) We haven't had a good Glass vs tin thread in a long while.

Gene (glass guy) ;)

I have a similar problem with my 1996 tracker pro team 17 my livewell seems to be leaking from drain hose witch is under livewell so any help on how to get to it would be a great help to both of us

I'm not sure if it is the same but most of the back deck in my bass tracker and all the divers under back deck seen to be pop riveted in the livewell drain house on my bass tracker is leaking and I'm going to tear Din to it tomorrow

The deck should be screwed down. Problem is the screw heads are buried in carpet.....are you planning on carpet replace too? If not it is a good time to do it while you have the deck off.

OR just carefully "feel" around on the top side near the edges for screw heads using something metallic. A screw driver or awl would work well.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back