Trying out Abu Garcia more this coming season

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
With my ABA tournaments kicking off November 13th, I started getting my equipment ready.

As some of you know, I've been a long time user and supporter of Pflueger products, especially their spinning reels and Summit / Patriarch baitcasters. But since Pflueger isn't putting any of their Summit / Patriarch's in a cranking ratio yet (only the Trion), I decided to try some other cranking reels last year. I now use Abu Garcia Revo Winch's for my cranking, and I've really liked them.

... So this year, when I decided to replace my worm fishing setups, I purchased Abu Garcia Revo STX's. They feel really nice, and I like the drags better than my previous reels. I decided to replace a few worm rods at the same time, so I purchased the Abu Garcia Vendetta rods in 6'6" and 7". They balance really well.

I believe I'll be moving to more Abu Garcia stuff in the coming year, so if anyone is interested in some excellent condition Pflueger Summits and/or Patriarchs, along with the many All Star rods I already have listed on the swap and sell page, please give me a shout.

Although I still love my Summits and Patriarch's, there is just something about having all of your reels feel the same that I enjoy, so I'm considering replacing more this year.

Anyone else make the move to Abu Garcia recently?

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn

After many years of being a Shimano Curado fan this past year I have also tried the Revo.

I bought four for starters and like them better. I feel the drag, with twice the power of Shimano does a great job on getting the frogs (with a big fish on) up and out of the grass.

I still like the Curado's but not as much as the Abu Garcia Revo.

Tom

Hey Glenn, if you like the Garcia reels and need more, I have a bunch coming to the shop soon. I can get them to you at wholesale prices. I ordered a bunch this year. If you have any questions feel free to call.

Dave Price (443) 974-0113 [email protected]

Bought 2 Revo SX's and a Winch this year. Love them so much I'll be changing out all my other baitcasters as funds permit.

Best regards,

Rick

I have been using mostly Garcia for many years, some of mine are at least 15 years or older and no breakdowns so far, wore out some handles though.... I also use a newer Plfueger President and like it but it just doesn't feel like it will last like the Garcia's, might have to try one of those STX's but they are a bit pricey....

Thanks for the info and Dave let us know when you have some...

Thanks

Mike

Latest posts

Back