Trucking:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bouvier

Reaction score
Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to have a boat trucked 1900 miles, and who would be a good firm to go with, if the price is right it would save me about 5 days of vacation. Thanks

I did that along time ago on the auto train thru Amtrac. It was cheap back then 17 years ago. It was cheaper to ship my boat then higher a guide, Until I ran aground anyway. Good luck Billy

Buzz,
The national mileage rate set by the IRS (for tax deductions) is $.34/mile. If a trucking company were to use this number and quoted per mile you'd be looking at close to $650. Which is close to what I'm paying for freight on my new Tracker out here in "zone 6".

You also have to put a price on your own time, gas, where and tear on your truck, time off from work, time away from the family. Remember, every vacation day spent driving home is one less vacation day spent catching fish. I would deffinately get 2 or 3 quotes from different companies and put a price on your own time. Then compare the difference and decide what is best for you.

Tight lines,

Marke

Latest posts

Back