Troubleshooting 2017 Z19 Pro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Nevarez

Reaction score
My 2017 Z19 has lost power to all my electronics, dash, livewells, and radio! I spoke with a Bass Pro Shop Service guy who I trust and said to check the battery switch and the power switch on the dash. I replaced the power switch and I know nothings wrong with the battery switch because the boat starts up and I have power to my Power Poles. Any suggestions before I have to bite the bullet and take in? Appreciate any help with this issues. Thanks guys.

Does your boat have an inline fuse on the hot wire that goes to the helm?

The battery switch you mentioned may take the place of a fuse. I am not familiar with the switch or its purpose. It may be like a breaker and trips with over voltage to protect everything up the line.

Could be a ground problem also.

That is about all I got. I wish you well. Sucks when stuff breaks and you can't be on the fish. I have been out of commission for almost a year. But I am gaining on it!

Does your boat have an inline fuse on the hot wire that goes to the helm?

The battery switch you mentioned may take the place of a fuse. I am not familiar with the switch or its purpose. It may be like a breaker and trips with over voltage to protect everything up the line.

Could be a ground problem also.

That is about all I got. I wish you well. Sucks when stuff breaks and you can't be on the fish. I have been out of commission for almost a year. But I am gaining on it!
Thanks. I’m still troubleshooting what I can. Time is what I need to really get into it. Darn job keeps getting in the way! LOL

With the battery switch on, does the power switch on the dash light up when activated? On my 2021 the dash power switch only activates the dash switches, not the graphs.

Does your '17 have this fuse block under drivers consul? Is there power to the block?

Fuse Block 2.jpg

There’s an inline circuit breaker on the feed from the positive terminal of the battery to the helm fuse block. It should be near the battery on a red 10 or 12 gauge wire. It may look similar to (but not exactly like) this : Bussmann CB255-50 Weatherproof Marine Rated High Amp Type III Panel Mnt Circuit Breaker - 50 Amp https://a.co/d/7JEzPAG

My fuse box is under the drivers console. My switch is on and the power button does not light up when pressed. Going to troubleshoot some more today. I’m finally getting some time off at take a look at it in better detail. Thanks

My 2017 Z19 has lost power to all my electronics, dash, livewells, and radio! I spoke with a Bass Pro Shop Service guy who I trust and said to check the battery switch and the power switch on the dash. I replaced the power switch and I know nothings wrong with the battery switch because the boat starts up and I have power to my Power Poles. Any suggestions before I have to bite the bullet and take in? Appreciate any help with this issues. Thanks guys.
Folks,
I found the culprit! Damn loose wire. I must have looked at that battery switch 99 times, it was that hundredth time that I found it!!! Thanks for the suggestions! I’m good to go now.

Attachments

• 6AC8C8DE-156B-4E22-80F6-EC83874F89F1.jpeg
    6AC8C8DE-156B-4E22-80F6-EC83874F89F1.jpeg
    904 KB · Views: 0
reminds me the time I couldn't start the boat while out on the water and after a couple hours sweating bullets, come to find out, the kill switch had been tripped. The four stroke acted differently than the 2 stroke, so I was clueless.

Glad you were able to find the problem. I purchased the 2021 nitro Z19 pro in April of 2021and been having trouble with the soft touch panel. My power button lights up but nothing from the multi function display, I was fishing at night during a heavy rain and lost power to the display, so i had no Nav or anchor lights, Had to call it a night. Next morning i checked it and everything was o.k. Fished the other day in another heavy rain and lost power again to the MFD. Power button lights up. Bow panel lights up, but won"t trim or tilt motor. Took wind scrren off and unplugged plug from start button to MFD. Have 12.7 volts from plug. Ordered a new MFD from Spyder this morning, hope that is my only electrical problem.
Seems like this has been going on with Nitro for a while now.

Latest posts

Back