Trollingmotor Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Paul

Reaction score
Hi again,Trolling motor question, I have a Motor Guide 65V, 24-36 volt on my 896 Savage, only have 2 trolling batteries so I know it's wired for 24 volts only. My problem is the trolling motor doesn't have much power, I checked the bats. and the connections and everthing seems ok. the bat voltage is 12.80. the only thing I can think of is that they wired the bats. so that the motor is 12 volts. the red and orange wires run to 2 50 amp breakers then to the trolling motor and the black - cables run right to the trolling motor. I thought the black neg wire was supposed to go to the pos. of the other bat. to make it 24 volt, If I have you guys confused ask questions I check in frequently, THANKS

IT WONT HAVE MUCH POWER ITS A 36 V MOTOR 24 IS ITS LOW SETTING YOU CAN USE YOUR CRANKING BAT TO MAKE IT 36 JUST DONT RUN IT DEAD. UNLESS YOUR IN WIND ALL DAY AND NEVER USE YOUR OUTBOURD YOU'LL BE OK

Thanks Gary, This may seem stupid but how do I make it 36 volt? there is only 4 wires, 2 black, one orange, and one red. Thanks

Latest posts

Back