Trolling Motors

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil

Reaction score
I have a 1998 700 lx with a motor guide mounted on the bow. The trolling motor is not late model. It has a low and high range with separate switches on the foot pedal. It has a lot of torque. It is mounted by the trolling motor base sitting on 4 rubber anchors with 1/4 inch bolts. The bolts will work up and down or even bend it the anchors or anchor pads will pull apart. This has happened over and over. I’m constantly retighten the bolts even out on the water. I need a solid anchor. What can I do to stabilize the trolling motor?

I have a 1998 700 lx with a motor guide mounted on the bow. The trolling motor is not late model. It has a low and high range with separate switches on the foot pedal. It has a lot of torque. It is mounted by the trolling motor base sitting on 4 rubber anchors with 1/4 inch bolts. The bolts will work up and down or even bend it the anchors or anchor pads will pull apart. This has happened over and over. I’m constantly retighten the bolts even out on the water. I need a solid anchor. What can I do to stabilize the trolling motor?

Replace the isolators. They dry rot after a few years.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorguide-MGA015PB6-Mounting-Isolator-Kit/dp/B07C2YFFL6

You can also apply a small amount of RTV sealant to the nut threads. Practically ever bolt and nut on my boat has a small amount of RTV sealant on the bolt threads including the seat bolts.

Latest posts

Back