Trolling motors mounting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
Was talking to a friend about MG and MK trolling motors and was wondering do the mounting holes line up if you switch between two brands ?

Hutch - Not always, but sometimes depending on the models. Generally speaking though, the holes, if you have to re-drill will be covered by the mount itself. If they don't match up and you need to drill new holes make sure you fill the old ones with silcone caulking.

I switched from a MG to a MK. I was able to use two pre-drilled holes and had to drill the rest. It was worth switching over.

I have a 2015 Nitro Z6 with a 45lb Minn-Kota Edge trolling motor that came with the boat. I want to switch to a new Minn-Kota Terrova. Does anyone know if I have enough mounting surface on my Z6 for the Terrova and if so, will any of the holes line up?

I have a 2012 Z6 that came with the same trolling motor. I upgraded to an Ultrex 80 a few years back and love it. The bolt pattern did not match up so I had to fill in a couple of holes. I used white Marine-Tex to do that. Worked well - its like Bondo for boats. Plenty of room for the new motor on the deck.

Latest posts

Back