Trolling Motor(Still)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bouvier

Reaction score
Well, I check out the sheer pin on the trolling motor and that was O.K., I also checked the breaker and that was fine, had voltage going to the female plug. The prop still won't spin. I checked Motorguide's web site and they had a section under trouble shooting and it said that there may be a resettable switch in the head. Does anyone know what year that the switch that they refer to was installed/taken out. My trolling motor is a Motor Guide/Tracker Pro Series 60(I believe,I'm not home to check it.) The boat is a 1997 and I'm assuming that the trolling motor is of the same year. Besides the dual breaker that's resettable for the trolling motor, is there a in-line fuse that I may be overlooking somewhere. I don't see any coming off the battery other then the one for the cranking battery. I know it wouldn't be blown as I wouldn't have power to the female plug, but would like to know for future knowledge. Any help would be greatly appreciate as I'm hoping to go fishing on Thursday.

Latest posts

Back