trolling motor question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark barton

Reaction score
Have a 43lb motor guide, the bearings inside the top part on the shaft all came out. I sprayed some oil in there and seems to be working fine. Was wondering if there will be any problems in the future if I do not replace them.

Motor Guide used alot of plastic parts on their trolling motors around the 2000 2003 time frame i think it was, suprisingly that included cable guides and i would not be surprised if that also included bearing races. Motorguide has quit carrying these plastic replacement parts, so you will receive a steel replacement if you have to order one. A. Quicker option may be to take measurments and try your nearest napa, they usually will match bearing sizes,i would say if the bearings fell out you will continue to have issues off and on but you can probablly get by with greasing the bearing regularly. Depends on aggrevating it is to fix. I know a few guys in one of my bass clubs claim they have had the same troller for 12 years I cant get 5 years out of one.

Latest posts

Back