Trolling Motor Foot Pedal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis K

Reaction score
While fishing this past Sunday the foot pedal decided to quit in one direction. I can only move the motor in one direction now. It will only respond by pushing down on the heel part. The toe part just free swings. There is no tension there. I figure it is a cable problem but I am stumped in figuring out where to start. I want to take the pedal apart for starters. Do I just take the pin out where the pedal pivots or do I need to take the pedal off the boat? Or is there a better way to tackle this problem? If anyone could shed some light I would greatly appreciate it. Right now I am able to get around by just letting the thrust turn to the direction I want and holding that direction by holding down on the back part of the pedal. It keeps me on the water for now but can get old fast.

I have a Nitro 640lx with the stock 43# trolling motor.

Thank You,

Dennis

You have a broken cable. Pretty easy fix. Take the head unit apart first and more than likely you will see the problem where the cable attaches to the rack gear.

Mini

Thanks to those that responded. I found where the break is. It is broken at the foot pedal side. Looking into getting a replacement now.

Thank You,

BL

Latest posts

Back